120 Gal w/ Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, courtesy of my work who loaned me a rather pricey security camera, I now have a sort of live image from my page. (the camera records at 1280x1024)

http://woo.gotdns.com/Aquarium/

Each time you go there it will show a realtime picture from the tank (and at night, the moonlights might show up)

Just thought it was a better idea. now to program it to take stills every hour so I can put together a timelapse video to show the changes over time (might be interesting)..

Wow......that....is awesome....! I've refreshed it quite a few times.. Probably killing your bandwith :(

I think the live feed is really cool -- but I think you'd get a lot more out of seeing a timelapse of your tank. I'd work on that!

It's already building snapshots every hour.. then I can merge them into a stop motion type.

Oh. the image should now auto refresh every 10 seconds.

The live camera is to cool! I keep checking in to see your monster plec in action. Tank is looking great, the shin is getting huge leaves!

Yeah, I'm still not sure why it's getting big leaves.. All I can find is "the leaf size depends on light" but it doesn't say whether more light = bigger leaves.. it seems the closer to the surface it gets, the bigger the leaves get.. :? Not sure if I want to keep it yet. I might try for a plant that grows vertical. Looking for a Val, but nothing that grows/spreads really fast.. Gonna keep my eye out. The pleco (and I think the clowns are partially at fault) are ripping it up all the time, it seems to have a natural buoyancy that makes keeping it down difficult. It also has very fragile stems.. I need something very flexible and with a good root structure to help keep it down.

The clowns completely dug out the left side, the wood with the Java fern on it collapsed and I had to move it away from the glass.. Seems loaches + lightweight substrate = mess everywhere..

Interesting watching a vid of 2 full days timelapse (10 seconds covers 2 days) I'll have to see how it looks after 1 month.

Picked up a new Camera today, Seems to work better if I can figure out the finer points like, getting the focus a bit better and keeping my hands a bit steadier (I think I need more coffee)

I'm not including overall pics of the tank since they are available at any time (Here).. but here is one of the Limn. Aromatica which is now growing quite well.

limn2.JPG

Yeah, I could never have a camera on my tank that I could get to on the net. I would never get anything done at work!

Your tank is looking good. Can't wait to watch it fill in.

I dig the live action shot on your home page. Very nicely done ;-)

Next time you do some aquascaping you can get realtime feed back.

Figured I'ld take a proper picture, It's been about month now since I set up this tank.. Here is how it currently looks (Figured out the focus issue on my new camera, it likes to focus on the glass, not what's inside.)

T120022407.jpg

Current plant list.

Anubias Barteri var Nana (top left)
Microsorum pteropus var Windeløv (Bottom Left, I think I fried it with too much light)
Cryptocoryne parva (mid center, flat on the gravel, ?too much light?)
Cryptocoryne beckettii (Right side, mid way back, second plant from the right)
Alternanthera reineckii (Still a toss up on this one surviving, Center)
Echinodorus quadricostatus var. ''magdalenensis'' (Front Right)
Glossostigma elatinoides (Front Left by wood)
Limnophila aromatica (Mid, Between Center and Right)
Limnophila sessiliflora (Rear, Center Behind Alt.)
Ludwigia glandulosa (''perennis'') (Far Right)
Ludwigia arcuata (Mid-Front Right side)
Shinnersia rivularis 'Weiss-Grün' (Left of Center, Rear)
Valisnaria (Rear Center -> Rear Right)

When you take pics of your tank, use a tripod, or something to that effect, and use the self timer = no shake!

I was going to pick up a tripod anyway, trying to get a shot of the tank with a 2 second shutter time makes me miss my SLR (35mm).. It's not so much shake, it's more like it's trying to focus on the glass, if I hold the camera back 1' and half press the button and move it up, I can see the focus improve.. Probably a stupid setting I've missed so far..

The tank is growing in nicely (Turface seems really good). Now to get the loaches to stop "liberating" the roots from the gravel. (They think they're construction workers.. they especially want to free the Glosso from it's grown chains) Plecky has been very well behaved, only 1 incident where he chopped the top off a limn. Aromatica.

Tank looks great Wiz, thanks to that live feed, I enjoy watching your tank almost as much as my own! Your lights go off to early, could you keep them on another couple of hours for me, I'm a night hawk!
Congrats on that beautiful L. aromatica. Mine did ok for a while, then just melted away. I have one tiny piece clinging to life in the 75, hoping it makes it.

Sorry Glen, if I have them on any later then I have to turn them on later, and I'll have nothing to do at work :(

The Limn. is my happy plant. Ludwiga on the other hand is my unhappy plant.. not growing anywhere near as nice as I'ld hoped.. Yours on the other hand is absolutely beautiful (Mine is Glandulosa tho)..

In about 10 days, here is the difference (Yes the plants all pearl, and those are O2 bubbles on top of the water)

T120030707.jpg

Bit of a difference..

And a pic of the Limn. Aromatica Pearling.

Limn5.jpg

Was just down at the store in Hamilton, I don't usually buy fish there (nothing against them, I just prefer picking fish up from one store..)

The newest Occupants hiding under the wood (with the now recouperating Java Fern var. Windelov (I think they've evicted the clowns from this spot)

Krib.jpg

Back
Top Bottom