12g Nanocube owners with CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How did you get your CO2 line into the tank? The thing is build so seamlessly that there is absolutely no place I can see to get it in without drilling a hole in my perfect new hood!

I am going to move this over to planted, Tony, since there will be more experienced CO2 folks there. You have a very good question and I can't think of a way to do it without drilling a hole :|

Sorry, man! I can't think of any way around it, though if you ever decide to discontinue the CO2 you could insert a black rubber plug in the hole and it would not be noticeable, and would almost look like it had been made that way. :roll: (grasping at straws, here....)

I agree, drilling or cutting sounds liek the only options. I like TG's idea of using a little black stopper to cover the hole in the future.

Is there no space for the heater cord, or is this one of those 'all in one' units with the heater in hte hood/filter?

malkore said:
I agree, drilling or cutting sounds liek the only options. I like TG's idea of using a little black stopper to cover the hole in the future.

Is there no space for the heater cord, or is this one of those 'all in one' units with the heater in hte hood/filter?

No there is a perfectly made spot for the heater cord to go out the back. The best part is there is room in the back filter part for the heater so its not even visable in the tank.

It works the same way as an Eclipse - with everything in the back of the rather deep hood. It has a very neat and tidy appearance.

Edit - not exactly the same as an Eclipse - this filtration is much better, with three stages, at least in the larger ones, like if you glued an AquaClear power filter onto the back of a tank and made it all one unit, with the hood covering the entire thing.

No there is a perfectly made spot for the heater cord to go out the back.
How about expanding this hole to fit both the CO2 and heater cables? Later you can use a grommet if you only need the heater cable.

czcz said:
No there is a perfectly made spot for the heater cord to go out the back.
How about expanding this hole to fit both the CO2 and heater cables? Later you can use a grommet if you only need the heater cable.

Its a square hole, but I will try getting both the cord and tube to go in there. Thanks for the suggestion! CO2 comes on Thursday, so I'll know then.

TankGirl said:
It works the same way as an Eclipse - with everything in the back of the rather deep hood. It has a very neat and tidy appearance.

Edit - not exactly the same as an Eclipse - this filtration is much better, with three stages, at least in the larger ones, like if you glued an AquaClear power filter onto the back of a tank and made it all one unit, with the hood covering the entire thing.

Exactly right. I tossed out the bag of carbon and added a second bag of Bio-rings, so basically it has a 106 gph filter with two sponges, two large bags of Bio-rings, and five plastic bio balls. Best designed tank I've ever seen, much better than the Eclipse tanks, and I have owned 3 different size Eclipse tanks so I can compare. Fan cooled lights, curved glass, 2 wpg lighting, it is quite a little tank. I'll attach a photo even though its pathetically empty right now. Notice the custom fit stand they sell with it :D

Attachments

• img_1011.jpg
    img_1011.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 28
I would definitely consider diffusing the CO2 through the filter, but you still have to get the hose to the filter intake, or to the outflow at least.

I was thinking that there might be a door on the top of the lid for maintaining the filter were you might be able to slip the CO2 hose under..

If you keep the water level up you can achieve decent CO2 concentrations in a small tank with a HOB - I used to do that in a 10gal. This filter is more like a flush-mounted canister than anything else, and I think it would diffuse the gas quite well.

The CO2 is going through a ladder, so it is going to be inside the actual tank. Hopefully CZCZ's idea of putting the heater cord and CO2 line through the same hole in the back of the tank will work, because there are no other openings at all.

Back
Top Bottom