150 fully planted need advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donk1667

Aquarium Advice Regular
my buddie is setting up a 150 fully planted tank at work the question is his boss wants to use fish out of the pond what kind of temp should it be at? the fish are bass, blue gill,channel cat . what kind of problems will he have?

Pond fish can generally be kept at room temperature as long as it doesn't get too cold. As for problems he'll face, Bass and channel cat get really big. Blue gill are territorial. The bass and the bluegill may tear up plants.

that dont sound to good well as plain as they are i hope he can get some african ciclids instead of bluegills i know they tear up plants but fun to watch ! they tear mine up just a little bit . well thanks for the info WaterPond and hulkamaniac

You will want a low temp heater to keep the tank stable. While 150 gallons will resist swings better than a smaller tank, a lot of work buildings turn off heat/AC after hours. A building can change temp quite a bit during these off hours, enough that I would still want an insurance policy (heater) against swings.

Back
Top Bottom