150g Planted Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jason7894561230 said:
Arowana!?!?!?!? Well that blows any chance of other fish except for Plecos and piranahs.

Piranahs? They couldnt go with an Arowana lol Illegal in NY anyway now... But Ive got a lil something up my sleeve patience lol. Stopping on the way home to get filter tubes.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

OK some more pics. Took 2 swords from another tank and added them to the 150. A Amazon Sword between the 2 small Ruffled' (1st pic) and a bigger Marbled Sword (2nd pic) between my 2 freebies :) Also talked with thatfishplace yesterday and they are going to credit me for the plants I didnt recieve, VERY PLEASED with them!!! oh yea I posted a pic of a mystery plant I got from them too, can anyone id?? Its the last pic. Thanks again for all the comments :) Any words of advice from the plant gurus??

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
ThatFishPlace is a great company. I submitted a picture to them, it got on the cover of the catalog, and they gave me a $40 gift card! The thing in the catalog said you'd get $20, so I don't know why I got 40. Oh well!

Coleallensmom said:
Surprised they mixed your order up, but not surprised they refunded your order. I've had nothing but good experiences with the customer service at TFP.

This may be your mystery plant: Myriophyllum simulans "Filigree Myrio" | Bunched Plants | Live Aquarium Plants | Aquarium Livestock - ThatPetPlace.com

Yea I got a bunch of plants I didnt order ( a marbled sword 4 Vals and 2 of what might be the Myrio. They were all very green though and look healthy so thats a plus :)

Marconis said:
ThatFishPlace is a great company. I submitted a picture to them, it got on the cover of the catalog, and they gave me a $40 gift card! The thing in the catalog said you'd get $20, so I don't know why I got 40. Oh well!

They are I totally agree! Never had any problems in the past and this was resolved very quickly! They'll definetly be getting future orders. That's sick that you got a pic in the mag. I've seen some nice fish in there but never really though they came from "real" people lol. Congrats man! And hey $40s better then $20 anyday I wouldn't complain either lol

TommyLiNy said:
Yea I got a bunch of plants I didnt order ( a marbled sword 4 Vals and 2 of what might be the Myrio. They were all very green though and look healthy so thats a plus :)

Thanks for the id too! :D

Thanks for the id too! :D

From what I know they have, that looks to be what you received. I could be wrong though ;)

Just wait until a couple weeks go by and that Rotala has grown...your tank will be looking great! It can be a fast grower; I normally have to trim at least a few stems of mine back at every weekly PWC!

Coleallensmom said:
From what I know they have, that looks to be what you received. I could be wrong though ;)

Just wait until a couple weeks go by and that Rotala has grown...your tank will be looking great! It can be a fast grower; I normally have to trim at least a few stems of mine back at every weekly PWC!

Great I hope it does grow that quickly, yours looks AMAZING! Kinda took that from your tank ;) love the colors your getting. My fingers are crossed!

TommyLiNy said:
So Im going to try and get a background today, Im thinking black maybe blue... What do you think? Any suggestions??

Underwater cityscape lol. JK ;).

I vote for black.

I'm going try doing the window tint (film for cars) method this weekend.

I prefer the paint method myself, but I also have a tank with a black tape on background. Black+plants=incredible. I'm not too happy with the blue on my 125.

mfdrookie516 said:
I prefer the paint method myself, but I also have a tank with a black tape on background. Black+plants=incredible. I'm not too happy with the blue on my 125.

I was thinking of painting it, should have done it before it was filled :). I think I'm going to try the stick on and see how it looks. I like the way the plants pop with a black background. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom