150g Planted Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TommyLiNy said:
I was thinking of painting it, should have done it before it was filled :). I think I'm going to try the stick on and see how it looks. I like the way the plants pop with a black background. Thanks again!

I like the idea of painting with a roller, but my DT is too close to the wall to get it done right. The 29g that I'm seal testing will get the roller though.

There's always black paper from a craft store, I just don't think it would look as clean.

Mr. Limpet said:
I like the idea of painting with a roller, but my DT is too close to the wall to get it done right. The 29g that I'm seal testing will get the roller though.

There's always black paper from a craft store, I just don't think it would look as clean.

Yea if Im not happy with the stick on Im going to roll it on, Ill just have to use a long roller and a stick to get behind the tank. That shouldnt be a problem being that Im a painter by trade ;) I like to see how the tint works though too, Ive got presidential tint on my tuck and its DARK! You can barely see thru with you hands against the glass so that would probably work well. Let me know how it turns out. Is this for Elvis' tank? Coming along nicely btw :D

TommyLiNy said:
Yea if Im not happy with the stick on Im going to roll it on, Ill just have to use a long roller and a stick to get behind the tank. That shouldnt be a problem being that Im a painter by trade ;) I like to see how the tint works though too, Ive got presidential tint on my tuck and its DARK! You can barely see thru with you hands against the glass so that would probably work well. Let me know how it turns out. Is this for Elvis' tank? Coming along nicely btw :D

I can paint just hate it, concrete too lol.

Thanks! Its for my 37g tall, the EBI has a 3D background preinstalled that's really cool so all I need on it, is for moss to grow up it like ivy on an old brick building.

I'll let you know how it goes and the usual pics too :).

Mr. Limpet said:
I can paint just hate it, concrete too lol.

Thanks! Its for my 37g tall, the EBI has a 3D background preinstalled that's really cool so all I need on it, is for moss to grow up it like ivy on an old brick building.

I'll let you know how it goes and the usual pics too :).

Oh nice, if that works out it should be pretty SICK! Ill be watching.

Back
Top Bottom