150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sound stunning

Sorry to hear about that do you have any idea what's going on?

Lol I have done that a few times so don't worry your not alone

I have no theories...the water is fine. So probably a bully situation but they were both overnight.

My buddy and I are going to modify the sump to reduce co2 loss. Yet another idiot move lol I think after this all my mistakes have been fixed.

Mr.Pleco said:
I have no theories...the water is fine. So probably a bully situation but they were both overnight.

My buddy and I are going to modify the sump to reduce co2 loss. Yet another idiot move lol I think after this all my mistakes have been fixed.[/QUOTE

I no what you mean we have all made bad mistakes when we start.

When I first got my pressurized co2 I was running an airstone aswell but then I realised that's if of gasses all your co2

Could be a bully but have you seen any evidence of this?

Mr.Pleco said:

My buddy and I are going to modify the sump to reduce co2 loss. Yet another idiot move lol I think after this all my mistakes have been fixed.[/QUOTE

I no what you mean we have all made bad mistakes when we start.

When I first got my pressurized co2 I was running an airstone aswell but then I realised that's if of gasses all your co2

Could be a bully but have you seen any evidence of this?

I have bubbles wands in the back but I disconnected them. I took the pump out and I'm using it to bubble my 3 5g jugs.

I don't think it's a bully, just think juvenile angels are really delicate and I was just unlucky.

Yeah I have heard from a few people on here that some species are very delicate in the us plus seeing they were young it would be even easier to lose a few :( I'm sorry to hear it though

Yeah..but I'm back to thinking there is a bully. One of the buenos aires died (not complaining bc I'm down to 2) and it was beat up. So I'll have to keep an eye out. It could only be a dwarf gourami or black skirt. None of the other fish have been touched.

Mr.Pleco said:
Yeah..but I'm back to thinking there is a bully. One of the buenos aires died (not complaining bc I'm down to 2) and it was beat up. So I'll have to keep an eye out. It could only be a dwarf gourami or black skirt. None of the other fish have been touched.

Dwarf gourami's can be very very territorial so I thing it might be him lol

richpowell1989 said:
Dwarf gourami's can be very very territorial so I thing it might be him lol

Yeah, I have 3 lol. If my plants keep getting eaten I'll consider moving them to my 10 or 15 possibly.

image-4161611408.jpg

Think that's a crypt of some sort? Got thrown in my bag lol

image-348883972.jpg

image-2195154768.jpg

image-3653314669.jpg

Tank is starting to look good. I really like the flowering cabomba. Haven't looked up the name yet.

Very nice mate is that crypt attached to the wood? Is your gourami eating your plants?

richpowell1989 said:
Very nice mate is that crypt attached to the wood? Is your gourami eating your plants?

I wasn't sure if it was a crypt for sure so I stuck it in the wood. Didn't know if they could grow on wood or not. It came out though so I'll look it up.

And they nibble...so far haven't lost any new plants at all,

Mr.Pleco said:
I wasn't sure if it was a crypt for sure so I stuck it in the wood. Didn't know if they could grow on wood or not. It came out though so I'll look it up.

And they nibble...so far haven't lost any new plants at all,

I'm almost 100% sure they won't grow on wood mate

Glad u ain't lost anymore plants I have rescaped my tank looks completely different but I love it

richpowell1989 said:
I'm almost 100% sure they won't grow on wood mate

Glad u ain't lost anymore plants I have rescaped my tank looks completely different but I love it

Yeah I didn't think it would. It's floating now so I'll find a place for it.

Got a picture of it? And did to get the new setup yet?

Mr.Pleco said:
Yeah I didn't think it would. It's floating now so I'll find a place for it.

Got a picture of it? And did to get the new setup yet?

Yh I got it up and running will take a picture soon and of the new scape

Very nice. I got bored and rearranged a few plants so the tank looked better. I bought 4 bigger ferns, 10 Sagittaria subulata, and 3 Echinodorus amazonicus off eBay.
Been looking at mosses again and I think I'm going to go with java and maybe some weeping for some other places.

Mr.Pleco said:
Very nice. I got bored and rearranged a few plants so the tank looked better. I bought 4 bigger ferns, 10 Sagittaria subulata, and 3 Echinodorus amazonicus off eBay.
Been looking at mosses again and I think I'm going to go with java and maybe some weeping for some other places.

Have you got your plants through yet? Funny enough I have just bought some sagittaria today I really like it, I like java moss but if you ever want to get rid of it its a nightmare lol

Have you got your plants through yet? Funny enough I have just bought some sagittaria today I really like it, I like java moss but if you ever want to get rid of it its a nightmare lol

I have no updates on the whereabouts lol
I really like the sagittaria. It's in the 75g discus show tank at mwh. I bought some similar grass but the **** Buenos Aires ate that before I took them out. So I'm hoping since there are gone it will survive.

I posted a thread about moss and turns out that Obeythefish has all the moss I was interested in and he's going to hook me up. But he has to grow out so I only have to wait like 2 weeks or so.

Flame moss for the piece of dw I put together
Peacock moss for the rock
Christmas for the main piece of dw

So some great news. Went shopping with my bud, hit Home Depot to pick up 2 45 degree elbows for the standpipes and a piece of acrylic for the sump.

Then we went to Mwh. Picked up some nice water sprite..lace and indian, and 3 more of one I got last week that I don't know the name of yet. Also picked up 3 packs of filter pads for the sump.

Then went to petsmart and talked to the girl there (she is very friendly to me haha). Told her to save me 6ft of background when it comes in and I'll get it Sunday.

Then I got home and my saggittaria came...very impressed. Got more than 10 for sure and they were very nice sized.

Put the elbows on and capped the 2nd 1/2'' tubes. Going to use the leftover acrylic and put it on the elbow right where the water line is so it will be silent and keep the air pockets out. just putting the elbows on had got rid of them.

Stacked the pads in the sump and turned the co2 back on. Turned off about 15 minutes later at 7.7. I'm going to get it down to 7.6 and hopefully I wake up in the morning and it's off and my problems are solved! :)

Very nice mate plants seem very happy and heathly what is the brown bushy plant in the 3rd picture?

That's what I bought last week and don't know the name of. I like it so I bought 3 more. I'll look it up this weekend.
Ph is at 7.3

Back
Top Bottom