18" bulb. Which to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sure the question has been asked before but I couldnt find anything searching for 18" bulbs. I have a newly RE-planted 15 gallon tank. I learned the first time around 'stock' light just doesnt cut it. I am here to ask for the BEST bulb I could buy in the 18" setting. Only thing I can find is the 24" and up size bulbs! Any and all help is appreciated if someone can steer me in the right direction. I am thinkg 1-2 wpg is more than enough also. Thanks!

You're best bet is actually to check out your local hardware store. No need to spend lots of money on those bulbs sold in your LFS. Somthing in the 5000K - 10000K should be good. Others here can recommend some specific ones to look out for. I know that GE makes some good ones.

Keep in mind that no matter what bulb you place in your fixture, you're still only going to have 15Watts. If your plants are suffering from lack of light, changing the bulb won't help much.

Thanks a lot guys. The 18" 8500k Flora Sun looks like the one I am looking for. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom