2.1g Nano Cube - Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've been thinking of getting pygmy cores for the longest time... i just don't know how many to put in a small tank with shrimp. i saw some in my lfs but they swim so much i fear they'll jump out or hurt themselves when they run into glass. let me know when you do stock them!

and that is a nice lighting fixture. i like the small profile. where did you get it?

i've been thinking of getting pygmy cores for the longest time... i just don't know how many to put in a small tank with shrimp. i saw some in my lfs but they swim so much i fear they'll jump out or hurt themselves when they run into glass. let me know when you do stock them!

and that is a nice lighting fixture. i like the small profile. where did you get it?

I have pygmaeus and habrosus. In my experience the habs tend to be all over the place while the pygmy tend to act like 'traditional' cories.

I'm having second thoughts about the cories, but if I get them I'll let you know.

Thank you, I bought the light online from AFA (Aqua Forest Aquarium), they are a retailer for ADA in California. Unfortunately, they don't sell them anymore. I wanted to buy a second one. UP Aqua makes one similar to it, I've seen it on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

Update: 4/19 - Day 29

I thought it was about time to do an update on this tank, as I've been so fixated on the 0.1g pico tank and haven't been giving this one or the Fluval Spec as much attention. So on Saturday (4/19) I did a major water change, trimmed some of the dead/melted leaves from the Cryptocoryne wendtti bronze, moved the Microsorum pteropus 'narrow leaf' and 3 stems of Staurogyne repens to this tank from my Fluval Spec, and added the Anubias nana 'petite' I got from a local club meeting.

Here's a picture of what the tank looks like as of 4/19.

Attachments

• 2.1g FTS.jpg
    2.1g FTS.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 94
Liking the tank, gonna look good when all the plants grow in a lot more. Do you find the driftwood a bit big to work with?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought it was about time to do an update on this tank, as I've been so fixated on the 0.1g pico tank and haven't been giving this one or the Fluval Spec as much attention. So on Saturday (4/19) I did a major water change, trimmed some of the dead/melted leaves from the Cryptocoryne wendtti bronze, moved the Microsorum pteropus 'narrow leaf' and 3 stems of Staurogyne repens to this tank from my Fluval Spec, and added the Anubias nana 'petite' I got from a local club meeting.

Here's a picture of what the tank looks like as of 4/19.

Looks nice, glad to see an update!

Liking the tank, gonna look good when all the plants grow in a lot more. Do you find the driftwood a bit big to work with?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was in the initial planting stage, but I wanted to use a large piece of driftwood, a piece that dominated the tank, so I was willing to work with it.

The idea/inspiration for this scape came from Layout 43 on Tropica (http://tropica.com/en/inspiration/layout/Layout43/5038) and one of James Findley's works entitled "Nature's Chaos."

I'm planing on adding Staurogyne repens to the front two sides and maybe along the front of tank to complete the scape.

Update: 5/10 - Day 50

Since the last update I've added:

- Riccia fluitans
- A bit more Monosolerium tenerum
- Vesicularia montagnei
- Fissidens fontanus
- 12x Neocaridina davidi var. 'Red Rili'

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431402899.108001.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431403050.940551.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431403067.589524.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431403081.073144.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431403194.438835.jpg

Wow, amazing what youve done with such a tiny tank

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very nice job! The riccia will fill up in no time :)

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Nice pico cube rimless! I have the same one with that light + filter. Great quality all around. Good job on the scape.

Not sure if that riccia will survive without co2 injection though. Excel will just melt it too, well that's my experience with it anyhow.

Day 67

Here is a FTS of the tank as of yesterday.

Attachments

• 2.1g rimless FTS - Day 67.jpg
    2.1g rimless FTS - Day 67.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 62
Nice pico cube rimless! I have the same one with that light + filter. Great quality all around. Good job on the scape.

Not sure if that riccia will survive without co2 injection though. Excel will just melt it too, well that's my experience with it anyhow.

Thank you Brian. I'm very pleased with this scape.

So far the Riccia is doing exceptionally well; better than I expected. I will be wary of my Excel dosage, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom