2.5 gallon planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually a nice little water sprite with it's lacy leaves would look good where the moss ball is at. Honestly I'm not sure where it will look good, I always find them hard to scape with. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Yea, its hard to deal with, so if i dont like it i may take it home.
Im going to grab some more plants tommarrow, so it should fill in nicely.

It will look alot different once it's filled with plants. So how did she like it?

I like what you have going on. I added a picture of mine to give you some ideas. It's a 2.5 bow front with a kyoto, banana plant, argentine sword, hornwort, and anubias on lava rock. I placed the shorter plants in the front and the larger plants towards the back. I find that the banana plant is a unique addition to any aquarium just because it looks so different than the average plant.

Attachments

• image-3242570833.jpg
    image-3242570833.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 160
And here is a more current photo where you can see the kyoto and the banana plant.

Attachments

• image-662684848.jpg
    image-662684848.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 152
Here is my 2.5g. I think we started ours at pretty much the same time. It'll be nice to see them both grow.

71090-albums11034-picture47714.jpg

I'm looking to get some HC to fill the bottom.

Right now, I have two Pygmy Chain Sword, a Gold Anubias nana attached to DW, and my Banana Plant. I love the banana for the same reason. It's so unusual. Eventually I'm going to put some RCS in there.

Great looking tanka guys!

I just added some micro swords.
I added them in tiny groups throughout the tank.

Attachments

• image-244395199.jpg
    image-244395199.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 134
gman42 said:
Great looking tanka guys!

I just added some micro swords.
I added them in tiny groups throughout the tank.

It's coming along nicely. The micro swords grow very slowly. You'll get way better coverage if you plant it one or two leaves at a time. It takes forever to plant each of them but every runner that you cut will send out new grass. It may be worth it to do once.

By the way, are you using any liquid ferts? I know you have soil which is excellent but I was wondering about liquids.

I saw the finnex ray on amazon, and i want one. How do u like urs?
Im adding excel atm.
I added them in tiny groups, is that good enough, or do they need to be planted in smaller groups.
They r a pain in the butt to plant lol. U try to put em in, and half of them will float away:(.

I saw the finnex ray on amazon, and i want one. How do u like urs?
Im adding excel atm.
I added them in tiny groups, is that good enough, or do they need to be planted in smaller groups.
They r a pain in the butt to plant lol. U try to put em in, and half of them will float away:(.

I love it so far. I've only had it since Monday, but it's an awesome little light. It's strong enough to grow high light plants. Mine sits about 6" over my substrate. Since Monday when I put it on, my banana plant has already sprouted a new leaf.

Im definitely looking into it.

Do u have a filter on ur tank?
I like the idea of having one, but i dont know what kid would work.
I was thinking possibly the finnex ray 5.

Im definitely looking into it.

Do u have a filter on ur tank?
I like the idea of having one, but i dont know what kid would work.
I was thinking possibly the finnex ray 5.

I don't use anything for that tank. No heaters, no filters. Just water and light.

I actually am using a Zoo Med 6500k light and I get great growth with it. A root tab occasionally takes care of my rooted plants. A tank as small as 2.5 doesn't really need a heater since you can run the risk of overheating it if you're not careful. Also, the Duetto 50 is an amazing filter for a small tank. I got mine at Petco for about $15! You should look into it if you want a great filter for a small tank.

Ill look into it.

The light currently on the tank is a 15w t8.
Not sure on the k rating.

Im going to have to take the snails home, and put them in my 20g. They keep uprooting the plants.
Idk if i will put them back, they tend to dig into the sand all over, and its kinda messing things up.
Prob in the next week or two some rcs will be added.

I bought a sponge filter.

Happy early new year!

Attachments

• image-4211807858.jpg
    image-4211807858.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2907918589.jpg
    image-2907918589.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 90
Hey- I like the look of those rock type tanks like yours- tell me how the DHG goes...mine is an algae magnet! Are you planning to make a carpet with it?

Back
Top Bottom