2.5 or 5.5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 2.5 gallon aquarium and I want to turn into a planted tank. I have a betta and 2 ghost shrimp. Want to be heavily planted but I don’t want there to be no space for my betta. Should I get a 5.5 or could I get the 2.5 to work? Tell me what you think.:fish2:

IMO a 5.5 gallon would be best, but your betta might be ok in the 2.5. Unless the betta has been in with the ghost shrimp for a while and hasn't eaten them, beware that it may happen. If you heavily plant it, the betta will definitely want more space which is why I recommend upgrading to a 5 gallon.

I have a 2.5 gallon, and its REALLY small.

I like it, and i dont.
Its a nice tank, but its very limiting for pretty much everything. And adding water to it is hard.
Too much flow, and u stir everything up.

Ok so I will get a 5 gallon. The betta has been in there awhile with the shrimp so they are good. And the shrimp were only .33 so it isn't that big of a loss if they do get eaten

My setup will be...

For lighting I will buy just a clamp on fixture from home depot and get a 13w clf 6500 bulb.

I will dirt it and put sand or gravel, not sure which one?

I have put some leafs of java fern and java fern lace that are getting plantlets so I will have those in it. I also have three bamboo plants in there but I am not sure if I want to keep them?

I don't know about a filter that is small enough

Back
Top Bottom