2 Gallon Plant Oasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an extra 2g tank lying around, I would love to turn it into a little plant oasis! I'm thinking CO2 and ferts and "high" lighting. What would be the best way to go about this? There'll be no fish or inverts because this is my first attempt with CO2. I think that I'll be using organic soil and sand mix, unless there is something better. How would I do the CO2 thing? Am I going to need the drop checker for a tank with no swimming things? All help is welcomed! Thanks!

Also, what kind of plants should I put in there? I sort of want something a little challenging to keep, I've done the easy and a little bit of the medium stuff and since this will be nano "high tech" I would love some harder things:). Thanks for reading and hopefully answering my questions!!!

I would recommend HC, anubias nana petite, eriocaulon, glosso, blyxa japonica, utricularia grammafolia as potential plants. Lots of small rock work would be good.

Are you thinking DIY CO2? What are you planning for lights? I don't think you really need a drop checker if you don't planning on putting in any critters... you can jack the CO2 WAY up. Plants would love it at 90+ PPM.

Sweet, no drop checker! I cannot seem to find any place around here that has them and ordering one online isn't an option currently. I'm definitely doing DIY CO2. I'll look at the plants and see if I can find any of them. I'm thinking about putting a desktop light over the tank, I have a few 13w 6500K sitting around and was thinking about using them.

Back
Top Bottom