20 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a empty 20 gallon tall and I plan on doing it planted. The problem is that I don't know what type of style I want. I either want to do a nice almost Dutch style high tech aquarium or a planted jungle with a ton of plants that is dirted and low tech. I just want some help deciding on what I want to do and how I'm gonna do it.

I have a empty 20 gallon tall and I plan on doing it planted. The problem is that I don't know what type of style I want. I either want to do a nice almost Dutch style high tech aquarium or a planted jungle with a ton of plants that is dirted and low tech. I just want some help deciding on what I want to do and how I'm gonna do it.

I would do the planted jungle, it looks more natural IMO. :)

I just went to the store and got dirt and this substrate. It is called Flora Max. it is supposed to be the perfect substrate with nutrients and stuff but I'm not so sure. So if anyone has experience with it, it would help.

It has been 3 months since I started this thread and I'm just now getting to it... Wow. Well I just added dirt and toped it with floramax. All the plants are just siting until the real light comes in.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131015_184331.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131015_184331.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 145
It has already cleared up quite a bit. I'm running 2 bags of carbon to get rid of the cloudyness and any tanins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131015_214300.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131015_214300.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 98
It looks pretty good
I have 4 rummynose tetras, 5 guppies, 1 sparkling gourami, and 1 pearl gourami

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131029_203338.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131029_203338.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 91
What is a biotope, and should I be concerned with the substrate I use when I start the tank I have if I"m eventually planning on planting it? I am very new to this and can use as much advice as possible, I'm also on a tight budget!

-Christina

Wow I haven't been on here in months. Well the tank has been doing good. All fish still healthy and the plants are growing slowly but good.

Lately I have gone through 3 different filters in the last month. Ugh... So I have a canister filter that is for a 75 gallon but I have the spray bar pointed into the glass so the flow is not strongImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397415640.699658.jpg

Just an update. Everything has really taken off and grown in. It's starting to look pretty nice. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401674567.815553.jpg

The little cherry is hungry! lolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401674608.329615.jpg

I don't think anyone even looks at this so this will be my last try at getting a real response out of this forum.

It has been a while since I trimmed so I just did and I found something weird! It was sold to me as jungle val but I don't think jungle val produces leaves that are 5 ft long! The plant grows up and lays right under the surface. Two of the leaves are all messed up. They are folded over like an accordion!

If you know what it is than please let me know! If not, Goodbye!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404339513.838091.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404339559.149461.jpg

Could it possibly be a corkscrew Val? And jungle Vals get the tallest I'm pretty sure. So 5 ft wouldn't be abnormal. I've been here the whole time. Just been lurking. If you want answers I would suggest making a new thread. A lot of us don't bother with build that have already started because that means we would have to read through a bunch of pages to help out

Back
Top Bottom