20 gallon long bonsai driftwood aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liberator123

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, been a long time since I am attempting a new aquarium.
This time I want to use a bonsai driftwood as my centerpiece of the aquascape. It will be in a 20 gallon long. Ill be using ada aquasoil amazonia powder type, some seiryu stones, and going to get the new finnex planted+ 24/7. Going to be an exciting project!
After some online shopping, Ive narrowed down to 2 choices of driftwood, and Im not sure which to pick:
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

--- OR this ---

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

For a 20 gallon long tank, which is 30 X 12 X 12, 6-8 inches High driftwood was what I was aiming to find. The first 1 is 6 inches high, the 2nd 1 is 8 inches high (bit more expensive). which should I get?

I like the second one, but it's really up to you. It is your tank, and you can do whatever you want.

I personally like the first one and I would put in facing the way it is in the first pic. Looks very natural tree looking. Also the 6" may be a bit better.

The 8" tall one might get a bit tight with 1-2 inches of moss growing off the top which is what I'm assuming you're going for?

29g Community

3g Betta

I personally like the first one and I would put in facing the way it is in the first pic. Looks very natural tree looking. Also the 6" may be a bit better.

The 8" tall one might get a bit tight with 1-2 inches of moss growing off the top which is what I'm assuming you're going for?

29g Community

3g Betta

Yes thats exactly what Im going for, and ill be using I believe its called willow moss (i have a lot of them in my other tank). You are right, 8 inches high might be a bit tight for a 12 inch tall tank. I wish i was able to see it on hand and in the tank before I purchase 1 :/ because I do like the 2nd 1 just a little bit more than the 1st.

Update* I just got a 29 gallon tank. Its the same dimensions as the 20 long, but taller. 1 dollar per gallon sale at petco now :D
Now I can choose a bigger bonsai tree... time to look for 1.

Awesome! You can get a lot more height out of that!! I have a 29g.

I wish I had a driftwood piece that better used the vertical space though.

Definitely following, this is going to be really cool. Post lots of pics! :)

Any thought on the stock?

29g Community

3g Betta

I decided to go with the 8 inch bonsai driftwood, im thinking of having it on top of a slope so it can maximize the vertical space of the aquarium.
Im not entirely sure with the stocking yet. Im thinking of community style with school of small fish (tetras?), group of dwarf corydoras, group of otos, and maybe 1 center fish? My options are totally open, so feel free to suggest something.

Either one I think, I prefer the first one though...

Stocking I suggest corys, rasboras and tetras. You could do either rams, apistos, gourami for a centre piece fish.

Back
Top Bottom