20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always add another, i had great results running 2 sat plus on that hieght tank. If you want the ramp features you'll need to purchase timer separately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing all your knowledge with me!

Down to 5 seems like they just have a heart attack and die. Wondered if the midevil was making I'm going to eat you faces through the glass....asked him but he's not talking. guess ill see how many make it and go from there if I re up the school or go with something else.

Neons seem so hit or miss. I've never had a single neon die when I got them home. They've all lasted years, and that's coming from a big box store! If your numbers keep dropping, you could start to add cardinal tetras. I'm thinking about doing that as I begin to lose neons.

Looks like a good start. If you are planning to do higher light plants with CO2 and dry fertilizers, definitely get the Satellite Pro Plus now. You'll probably be able to run it at 70% for now, but it will make your plants healthy. That way, as you get more plants, you can crank it up!

This place is a wealth of knowledge. Everything I've learned from here has turned my tank from an amateur-at-best effort to something I'm really proud of. The best part is, you're never really "done"... Always new plants to try, new aquascapes, and different fish options.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This place is a wealth of knowledge. Everything I've learned from here has turned my tank from an amateur-at-best effort to something I'm really proud of. The best part is, you're never really "done"... Always new plants to try, new aquascapes, and different fish options.

+1 on never really being done! Last week I tild my dad I just had 5 fish to add and 1 plant and I was done, now I'm looking at more plants...reds are so tempting!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The best part is, you're never really "done"... Always new plants to try, new aquascapes, and different fish options.

Yep, that's what I like about it - and why i don't get bored with it. I love learning in general and once I think I've mastered something I tend to drift away.

Neons seem so hit or miss. I've never had a single neon die when I got them home. They've all lasted years, and that's coming from a big box store! If your numbers keep dropping, you could start to add cardinal tetras. I'm thinking about doing that as I begin to lose neons.

Looks like a good start. If you are planning to do higher light plants with CO2 and dry fertilizers, definitely get the Satellite Pro Plus now. You'll probably be able to run it at 70% for now, but it will make your plants healthy. That way, as you get more plants, you can crank it up!

The + pro it is then. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all! I just got a 5.5 gallon tank..have 2 guppies and 1 algae eater bottom feeder. Any tips? This is my first aquarium!:)

Hi all! I just got a 5.5 gallon tank..have 2 guppies and 1 algae eater bottom feeder. Any tips? This is my first aquarium!:)

Welcome! Perhaps starting a new thread on your topic would be best;)

I'd add another 9:)

The behavior is much better with a larger group, especially if you add something big enough to intimidate but not annihilate.. what's the centerpiece going to be?? Something sweet right??

The behavior is much better with a larger group, especially if you add something big enough to intimidate but not annihilate.. what's the centerpiece going to be?? Something sweet right??

A dwarf Oscar!!!!!! LOL probably a ram pair

A dwarf Oscar!!!!!! LOL probably a ram pair

Haha, keep it in a goldfish bowl.. you'd have a broken goldfish bowl.. where are you living? Order from yunite of possible.. unless your lfs has some great stock??

I'm in the Chicago area

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The not so local lfs I go to is in Norridge off of Lawrence. If you don't have a closer one this shop is nice. Owned by 3 brothers for over 30 years if that says anything.

The not so local lfs I go to is in Norridge off of Lawrence. If you don't have a closer one this shop is nice. Owned by 3 brothers for over 30 years if that says anything.

I have most likely been in there at some point. My job has me all over northern Illinois, s Wisconsin and north east Indiana. I have tropi-aquatics (5minutes away) and 2 aquarium adventures not too far from me.

Neons are tough, buy twice as many as you plan on having in a couple months. I prefer cardinals as they seem a but more hardy. Harlequin rasboras are pretty cool. Pick up a bottle of flourish and api leaf zone. Some seachem flourish root tabs for the time being will keep.the sword happy until that substrate charges up.

So just a double check. Im dosing 10ml of leaf zone weekly and 1.5 ml of flourish weekly. Or should I be doing the flourish 2x a week? The bottle says 1 or 2 times a week. And have root tabs around the swords. Also should I pick up a bottle of liquid CO2 or is that something I need the new light for to be effective?

Back
Top Bottom