24 bow rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thever

Aquarium Advice Activist
2 days ago, I looked over at the corner and saw my neglected tank sitting there making me feel guilty. It had been close to 4-5 months since I did any real water change and no ferts or anything. I have since did a pretty major substrate vaccum and around 2 50% wc in the last 3 days.
While I waited for things to settle down after the first cleaning, I went about and built a hood fixture, as my 28 watt coralife pc wasn't doing a good enough job IMHO. So $30 later and some paint, I have a fixture that lights up the tank nicely(good enough for who its for). 2 - 13watt compact fl bulbs mounted vertical with reflectors(about 17 inches off the substrate)

24? Gallon Bowfront w/ Ecocomplete substrate
Plants
Crypt wendtii red - doing the best
Java fern - almost killed it, a few green leaves emerging
grandiflous sword - grew out of the tank, leaves withered and not sure how to start it over so its not just some stems.
dwarf sagittaria - not bad, but a lot of leaf tip rot and transparency
anubias congensis- -this one is in bad shape too, but does have a few new leaves forming
sagittaria
hygrophilia 'kompact' - new plant
Micranthemum umbrosum- Baby Tears
Java Moss - discovered that on the DW, not sure where that came from.

Critters
Snails
5-6 RC Shrimp
1 - Micropoecilia picta - female, the male died not too long ago, she follows the shrimp now trying to fit in.

I do have a couple of questions:
-Is this enough light? Too much for no co2? Its running around 8 hours now.
-Right now I have Excel and some Flourish Comprehensive Supplement, will I need to dose other nut.?I did have some dry ferts that I made into liquids but those are mostly gone, so I would need to order more.

Attachments

• 100_1331.jpg
    100_1331.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom