25 gallon cube blackwater chocolate gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few months ago I picked up a 25 gallon cube and stand from my LFS. I had planned on doing a tall planted rock scape in it but less then a month later my LFS finally got the chocolate gouramis I had on order so this has become their new home. The gouramis lived in a 10 gallon blackwater tank for a month or 2 while I got things figured out with the 25g. Well I finally finished it and added the fish in today. I would like to give autumnsky a big thank you for giving me a lot of the leaf litter that went in this tank. It really has made this tank look more natural. The rocks are not staying. They are only holding the wood down until it water logs. I am also about to add some jungle val in the back and dwarf water lettuce floaters. Not sure the val will survive but we will see.

Nk12Qsd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Nk12Qsd.jpg

Last edited:
water lettuce and jungle val are now in. i think i need to black out the back or something. any ideas?

Y2xzpwo.jpg

gxGsrcm.jpg

I really like it!!
Love backwater tanks.
I second the black background.

Hi there, it's been a long time, on this, is it still running how did it go /is it going?

I just moved and found the big bag of leaves that I had - wondered where they went, lol, and thought about this tank.

Was there any breeding?

Back
Top Bottom