25g planted aquarium stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agazzi* :p

Yeah I checked them out and it says that they have been known to peck the eyes out of bottom dwelling tank mates (especially cories... poor cories... T_T) during spawning time to protect its brood.

They do well with top and middle schoolers though.

Also you need to keep them in a harem and need to provide multiple caves for them to choose a favorite spot which they will defend from other fish.

They also need a varied diet that includes live food.

I think some pair but a lot also seem to be harem breeders. Just find the specific species you are talking about (I think I looked at the family instead of the specific breed) and check it out.

Good luck, - Raymond

Really just hypothetical I dislike my stock right now, and want to do some trade but I'm not sure yet.

I'm not a fan of my cherry barbs now either they were awesome before I moved them into my bigger community now I don't really want them now. I only have 4, 2 of each gender which was fine in a 10gal but now I need more and I haven't seen any more in stores near me for a while. Want a big school of tetras and cories now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Idk why but I don't like corys or most other barbs and tetras: black, cardinal and neons are the only ones to my liking while most barbs are too nippy and restrictive for my liking.

Idk why but I don't like corys or most other barbs and tetras: black, cardinal and neons are the only ones to my liking while most barbs are too nippy and restrictive for my liking.

I love Congo and emperor tetras. Glowlight and black neon tetras are pretty cool too. If I could get yoyo loaches that would be awesome but I don't have the space and my GBRs would terrorize them.

A tiger barb only tank is pretty cool if you have access to all the color variants

Eels, catfish, cichlids, other predatory fish, inverts, plants, guppies (I don't know why). Plants. *shrugs*

Not a fan of algae eaters specifically. Catfish yes but SAE and otos not really.

I love Denison barbs/rose line sharks and tiger barbs. Other than that I am not the biggest fan of barbs either.

I tend to like the more aggressive fish

Agazzi* :p

Yeah I checked them out and it says that they have been known to peck the eyes out of bottom dwelling tank mates (especially cories... poor cories... T_T) during spawning time to protect its brood.

They do well with top and middle schoolers though.

Also you need to keep them in a harem and need to provide multiple caves for them to choose a favorite spot which they will defend from other fish.

They also need a varied diet that includes live food.

Nope its agassizi. And I honestly find that very hard to believe. When spawning yes they might defend their territory so yes its best to avoid other bottom dwellers but if you're worried about that then just keep one alone. And they will eat, supposedly, live or frozen foods, but can be trained off of live and onto frozen and pellet foods.

Ask Brookster, I think he has one.

Back
Top Bottom