29 gallon tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

askgordon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I hope I'm not asking something that has been worked over a lot in the past but I need some help with equipment. I have a 29 gallon tank that I am hoping to add more plants to. Right now I have the Aqueon hood that came with the tank and it holds one T8 17W floramax light. I'd like to boost the light level to increase the amount and growth of plants in the tank but I'm not sure what the most effective/cost effective way to do this is. I'd like to keep everything low so nothing too tall on top of the tank and any way that I could incorporate it into the hood I already have would be best. Any help is appreciated, I'm obviously new to all this.

Welcome man. I have a 29g and I first had a hood that I gutted out to my own light which worked great for a while. Until u decided I wanted to go high tech. For bang for the buck, finnex has a great light the planted plus 24/7. I run two regular planted plus and see great growth even with the height of my tank. To keep everything low you'll just have to get your arms wet and keep the plants trimmed up.

Back
Top Bottom