29G PFS Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bman024

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my pride and joy tank so far. It's a 29 gallon community with pool filter sand. Tank went through fishless cycle for a month and has now been up for about 3-4 months.

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 150
Thanks! That picture was about 2 weeks ago. I need to take a new one to show progress.

Stalked right now with: 1 male/1 female Lyretail Golden Panda Molly, 2 female Black Saiflfin Molly, 6 Julii Corydoras, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and temporarily 3 Danios.

Next I hope to add a pair of GBR's and to end with a school of Rummynose Tetra.

Just an update to the tank. I've successfully had three drops from my female Lyretail Golden Panda Molly. First drop was 3, about 30 days later she dropped 10 and about 30 days again she had 30!! Seems as they are very happy in their environment.

I added 2 Blue Rams this last weekend and hoping to get them breeding. I've started another thread about them as I am not sure if I have a pair. But no worries my guy at the LFS is gonna help me get a pair together.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Dan! I have another 29g tank that I have a Longfin BN Pleco in. They are cool fish! I was trying to breed leopard guppies but mu male died although i think he knocked one up as i found 3 fry!! This tank is my pride and joy though.

Thanks Dan! I have another 29g tank that I have a Longfin BN Pleco in. They are cool fish! I was trying to breed leopard guppies but mu male died although i think he knocked one up as i found 3 fry!! This tank is my pride and joy though.

Do you have a picture of your long fin pleco? I've been considering asking LFS to order one for me but I can't make up my mind!

Well he is a stinker to get a picture of. I just took these. I have ones of him/her as a lil one the day I got it. He is still pretty small and has a whole long way to grow.

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 88
So I put together all the full tank shots I have had throughout this tank process. Starting from cycling stage up until this last weekend. I took pictures about every couple weeks or so. Wish I had done weekly or by weekly on the dot but I've been busy! Nothing great but pretty fun to see it change.

Not sure if this thread should be moved to the "showcase" or not....?

More pics. Newly added Harlequin Rasbora (8) and two male guppy's.

Attachments

• IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 68
I just added the same pfs to my 40g.

Im really happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for the kind words! Next couple of things in the making are adding some java moss (ordered yesterday) and bringing home some of my RCS from my 2.5G tank at work.

I am pretty sure I have two female GBR's so I will also be looking into getting a male..

Wow love your fish and the tank has really progressed.

The Lyretail Golden Panda Mollys are Stunning, I can't say as I have seen/noticed them before. The coloring is really great. A long time ago I had the White/silver Lyretail Mollies, the males dorsal fin was like an iridescent sail. I Just got some Rainbow Platys which I love, also a pretty color combo. There are so many beautiful fish!

My Rams weren't well and died a couple days later. They had only come into the store the day before and there was a dead one and I bought them anyway, it was a dumb impulse (specifically buying those two fish was the dumb impulse). I have been planning on some Rams for a while now.

Will wait a bit and decide. The lfs has a GBR, blue/ Golden ram hybrid which is pretty much a stunner too. Yesterday I had to stop myself as there was a whole tank full of Golden Rams, about an inch in size, some quite well colored with red and orange..........at a different lfs.

Rams are beautiful fish! Love the Cories and also one of my favs is the Harlequin.

Wow love your fish and the tank has really progressed.

The Lyretail Golden Panda Mollys are Stunning, I can't say as I have seen/noticed them before. The coloring is really great. A long time ago I had the White/silver Lyretail Mollies, the males dorsal fin was like an iridescent sail. I Just got some Rainbow Platys which I love, also a pretty color combo. There are so many beautiful fish!

I found them one day at petco and have not seen them anywhere else or have yet to see any half as cool at that petco again. Lucky for me they are breeding like crazy! 4th drop now and another 30 fry!!

My Rams weren't well and died a couple days later. They had only come into the store the day before and there was a dead one and I bought them anyway, it was a dumb impulse (specifically buying those two fish was the dumb impulse). I have been planning on some Rams for a while now.

I had my LFS order them for me and actually waited out 2 weeks as they went through transition. They didn't do so well as 6 of 12 died but thankfully I am in pretty good with the guy there and he really jumped hoops for me. (This is the LFS that I am selling my Molly's to as well)

Will wait a bit and decide. The lfs has a GBR, blue/ Golden ram hybrid which is pretty much a stunner too. Yesterday I had to stop myself as there was a whole tank full of Golden Rams, about an inch in size, some quite well colored with red and orange..........at a different lfs.

Rams are beautiful fish! Love the Cories and also one of my favs is the Harlequin.

I wish my rams were more colored.. They aren't as blue as other ones I've seen. I am not sure if it is because there is no male around or maybe that's just their genetics??
As for the cory's, I LOVE them! I saw some pigmy cory's at my LFS and thought maybe I'd add two or so to my school of 6 julii.

Back
Top Bottom