29g phase 1(cuz u know i m gonna change it...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
Went to LFS yesterday, left home at 11am, bought plants & substrate. Got home at 4pm, finished tank at 11pm. Great day!

image-1540028444.jpg

image-1005482685.jpg

image-3001442667.jpg

image-3654896669.jpg

image-3339295920.jpg

Put Christmas Moss on the branch tips with wire mesh. It should grow thru & up to look like a tree (fingers crossed)! Plan to stock with Pygmy Cories & a large school (shoal) of tiny fish. So.....ta da!!

Zimmanski, it s been over 10 minutes ...... No feed back from anyone?

Anybody??? Feeling like I m in high school again & nobody will sit at my lunch table :(.

image-288437130.jpg

Made a few changes. Will be adding a 'special' plant in front of the quartz.

That looks awesome! :) what size tank is it? Whats your stocking plan?

Thanks Fishfan! It s a 29g Bowfront. Planning to get Pygmy Sterbai & a bunch of small, tight schoolers. Just need to check water parameters for awhile. I seeded it from my 55g on Thurs & the numbers were perfect this AM. Seems too easy tho so want to keep adding fish food & see what happens before I get fish. Plus it s a whole day trip to the LFS so maybe next weekend :).

Thanks Fishfan! It s a 29g Bowfront. Planning to get Pygmy Sterbai & a bunch of small, tight schoolers. Just need to check water parameters for awhile. I seeded it from my 55g on Thurs & the numbers were perfect this AM. Seems too easy tho so want to keep adding fish food & see what happens before I get fish. Plus it s a whole day trip to the LFS so maybe next weekend :).

Cool! That will look great! I am hoping to get a 55 gallon soon. I might plant it... Still thinking about what kind of fish. Probably small schooling fish. I like it better when there are schools then when there's just a bunch of random mixed up fish everywhere. Lol although sometimes that can look cool too... :p

Good luck with the 55. It s a great sized tank. If you decide to go with plants, I have a good list of low light plants. I have a community tank now, 2 Angels & 5 Platys but I think a tight school will be fun in the 29.

Good luck with the 55. It s a great sized tank. If you decide to go with plants, I have a good list of low light plants. I have a community tank now, 2 Angels & 5 Platys but I think a tight school will be fun in the 29.

image-459127608.jpg

I made a spray bar.....and it works! Added black sand over the Eco, added a dwarf Lily & more rocks.....And then ( this is always the best part), added 11 Rasboro Tetra s & 5 Dwarf Cories! Great day. Also checked out a LFS on the way to The Wet Spot & the Wet Spot remains my favorite. By far. <•))))))<

Looks great Rodeo. Nice job! I like the sand street. Now you need a tiny little highway sign on it that says "I90 West- Portland Exit 1 Mile" LOL OS

Almost ready for another phase on the 29g, ordered more plants, gonna take out the little rocks cuz 'somebody' mentioned they were distracting & now they are :).
Has been an interesting week. First I rescued 2 of my Dwarf Cories from the bottom of the filter, it has foam on the intake now. Then the heater died on my 50g, fast trip to town after work- this took 2 hrs- a spare has been ordered. Then realized the cannister filter wasn t working . Tore it all down this AM, turns out if all the right parts are in it & it s not overstuffed with filter media, it works just fine. Then did water changes on both - without uprooting any plants! So looking forward to a few days of just enjoying my tanks & waiting for plants from Jetajocky so I can do the next phase on the 29g......

It looks great rodeo! What plants are you getting? I just got a bunch of plants from Jeta to fill out my planted 29G as well, he's got great stuff!

Ordered a large & small Lotus & some Bacopa Australia. Pic of your tank?

Back
Top Bottom