Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #21
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Everything is growing in nicely. My Pogostemon stellatus finally grew! Its a good thing I didn't give up on it. Its my favorite plant in the tank. The tank needs a trim, but I'm pretty happy with it right now, so thought I'd take some pictures. I am still battling cladophora algae, but I think thats going to be a longterm battle. The Alternanthera has shriveled its leaves up on me, so I'm hoping that stepping up on my ferts (I've been really busy with finals) will help that. I have a tiny stem of Limnophila aromatica to the left of the crypt bunch that I hope will grow. I might buy a few more stems soon to go ahead and fill that space.

The clado is getting the best of the Elatine, but its hanging in there. Hopefully it will fill in the gaps soon and not lose to the algae. I'm dosing double Excel doses every other day. I need to buy more so that I can do it everyday and hopefully slow down the clado growth.

The Baby Tears will get a haircut this weekend. Its grown into a big bush (unfortunately with hair algae in it too), but I actually found 2 Platy fry in the tank yesterday who have been hiding in it. So, the overgrowth probably saved them. Anyways....

Thanks for looking!

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Wow, nice healthy looking jungle you have there.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's beautiful. What kind of algae is cladophora? I ask because that's the same genus as the moss balls, maybe you can roll it up and sell it!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

Great looking tank. I am finding out it really is hard to find just the right size and shape driftwood for my tank.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #25
Algae Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majolo
That's beautiful. What kind of algae is cladophora? I ask because that's the same genus as the moss balls, maybe you can roll it up and sell it!
I'm not sure what kind of algae it is. I know its really invasive though and hard to get rid of....and its loves the same conditions as plants (high CO2, lots of light), so that makes it hard to get rid of.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

That tank is just beautiful. Healthy and lots of colour and texture. Love it.
90 gallon, Crypt undulata "broad leaf" Lobelia cardinalis small and large form. H.corymbosa "compact" Crypt parva, Crypt Red Wendetti Downoi, Bacopa, Samolus Valerandi, Limnophilla Aromatica Alternanthera Reineckii lilacina(purple)
2x 150 Wt 10000k HQI Metal Halide, 2x 65 Wt 6700k-Colourmax
Glenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
Algae Fighter

Wow, I'm really slow at updating this thing. I guess because the tank doesn't always look good to me.

Here are some updated pics:

Glosso filling in

I took the Crypts out and moved them to the 55 planted because they were just taking up too much room and I couldn't trim them back enough. I am trying some Dwarf Hairgrass on the front left and Glosso in the front right. So far so good with those.

The Bacopa is ever expanding and growing many feet per day (exaggerating....)....its a fast one.

I also added some Rotala for in front of the Alternanthera and moved the P. stellata to the middle back. It was taking over the right side, so I had to do something with it.

I originally had space in front of the P. stellata and had some Riccia growing through some plastic mesh, but it wasn't growing well. The cories loved having the space, but it didn't look good.

I've been trying to trim regularly (weekly) to give the fish room, but its hard with school and work. There is room above the foreground and into the midground, so hopefully the fish are happy. Believe it or not, these pics are taken after a massive hacking of the Bacopa. I left the stems in the back longer, but the front most ones are short (gives some swimming room).

Thanks for looking!

Tags
29 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com