29gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrewQ522

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to do harlequin Rasboras, but the LFS didn't have any good looking ones and the tank they were in was getting treated so I passed on them. I went with 12 Rummynose and 1 dwarf gourami. Do you think I have room for any more fish? Or am I fully stocked?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is that all you have- the tetras and the gourami?

Yes. I actually got another gourami tonight and my girlfriend and I figured we are at a good stock for this tank for now and we will just add some Amano shrimp lol

Gouramis are related to bettas and, like bettas, will fight with each other. Might be best so stick with one gourami...

Aside from that you at least have room for a school of bottom dwelling fish IMO

Gouramis are related to bettas and, like bettas, will fight with each other. Might be best so stick with one gourami...

Aside from that you at least have room for a school of bottom dwelling fish IMO

Yes I definitely read that on a thread or two here about the gouramis and I also read some where ppl successfully house a pair in the same tank. With that in mind, when I bought the 2nd I asked my buddy at the LFS if I can bring it back if they don't work out. But so far, they have actually been hanging together sort of and when they're not they just wander the tank not even really even paying attention to the other fish so I hope it works out lol.

Back
Top Bottom