30 Gallon Planted Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarnp49

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The pictures are showing the feat the I have overcome thanks to this website. I have managed to create the nicest tank and keep it alive for almost 2 weeks now (and counting).

There is a 100% florite substrate in the bottom. There is as follows on plants.
2 - Radican Swords
1 - Red Rotala
2 - ?? Can't remember - right side
1 - ?? Can't remember - front left - Wortsomething

Fish
2 - Cory Catfish - loving the new landscape because they have more places to hide out of the light.

The tank is using the stock 15Watt bulb but might get upgraded to a more natural light in the future and a DIY CO2 system after a couple more fish get introduced. Hope you enjoy my tank and hope it gives more people the ambition to tackle the planted tank because it's way more beautiful then plastic plants and not all that hard to do.

Attachments

• stage1_982.jpg
    stage1_982.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 59
  • stage2_161.jpg
    stage2_161.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 56
You are off to great start :) Those plants are going to enjoy their environment. I would suggest adding some more light (probably at least 30 more watts) to keep your plants happy and healthy. DIY CO2 is also a great idea. Keep us updated :)

I just took a couple of pictures to update this thread but I have a problem and I think it could get worse. How do I control snails? They are really little and they seem to multiple, not very fast yet but I have counted 5 this evening, so that means 5x 5x5x5x5=LOTS quick. Any ideas?

PS. Will post pictures later.

Really Really Really Little, will take another picture of the snail and see if I can post all of the pictures here in a couple of minutes.

The one picture is the updated picture of the tank. The other one is the snail that I am talking about.

Attachments

• snail_206.jpg
    snail_206.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 58
  • dscf0360_139.jpg
    dscf0360_139.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 39
Cool...the snail is a common pond snail. They have a tendency to chow on plants so you may want to get rid of them. The easiest way is to pick them out now since you have an idea of how many they are.

I'm looking for more fish, is there any fish besides a Puffer that I can get that would enjoy them and make my tank look cool, besides picking them out?

Look into loaches, especially clown loaches. Though they will eventually outgrow your tank, they will take care of your snail population in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom