36 g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I got everything settled, got poly-fil for my aquaclear filter, tank is starting to clear up, new plants and just wanted to see if y'all have any advice or suggestions, thanks:) plants are Amazon swords, anacharis, moneywort and two marimo moss balls.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110611_160025.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110611_160025.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 122
Good start!

That many swords will probably be a few too many in that size tank... they get huge. No harm in leaving them until they really start to take off though.

I know they get huge:) I'm hoping they do under the lights I have, its a t5ho Nova extreme 48 watts. The substrate is nothing but gravel but I'm using jungle root tabs. And I have Java moss arriving tomorrow!:)

You'll eventually have to remove all but one of the swords, they really get huge. I had one outgrow my 40 breeder, then my 125. I would get some taller stem plants for the back. Ludwigia repens and narrow leaf both come to mind, narrow leaf being my preference. Some dwarf sag would look good up front, or even some micro sword. Just thinking outloud.

Okay, I know a store where they sell those kinds of plants which is good cause petsmart or PETCO don't. This store mostly has alotta fish stuff:) and yeah my lil moss ball floats:] is it normal that a chunk came off my big one?

fishdud said:
Okay, I know a store where they sell those kinds of plants which is good cause petsmart or PETCO don't. This store mostly has alotta fish stuff:) and yeah my lil moss ball floats:] is it normal that a chunk came off my big one?

Never heard of it just falling off, but I read if you rip it half the two pieces will grow into two seprate balls. Idk if this true, its just what I read.

Oh. Well I think the next thing ima get is a glass Hood. Know where I can get one? And after I do can I take off the stands from the fixture and just place it on the Hood?

I do not think they make a glass hood for that tank. I could never find one. I just have my lights on the tank. No hood, you don't really need one.

Aww darn. Was hoping so I could put my other light on the tank. Oh well, I may just end up buy another fixture.

THAAANK YOOOUU! I kept thinking all this time that I had low light. Can I still do co2 to see if it helps wiff growth?

Okay can you explain to me how it works? Like how often to change it and how to set it up. All I know is that you'll need an air pump running at night and off during the day. If I'm correct I have the ingredients for it, which is a two liter bottle, airline tubing, sugar, and yeast. Is that right?

I dont do DIY, so I wouldn't be much help there. All I know about it is that it is usually inconsistent, requires a lot of work, and is an overall pain compared to pressurized.

And I heard it kills your fishies:( but isn't pressurized expensive?

Not really... about $200 to get everything set up and ready to go. But, DIY isn't going to kill your fish if you do it right. many people use it. There are videos all over youtube about how to set it up.

Haha I like how you said not really when $200 is expensive to me:p and I think I may do co2, see if anything changes with my plants but I will make sure to be EXTRA careful so I do everything right:)

Back
Top Bottom