40 breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
I've been watching CL for cheep tanks. (My 6.5 year old is jealous of my 8 year old and wants his own tank!) I found a post yesterday for a local guy who has a 40 gal breeder and two 10 gals for sale. He's only asking $25.00 for the 40 gal ($5 for the tens). I don't have the $ to set up another tank right now, but would love to add another at some point. What do you guys think? Is the 40 a good tank for planting?

A 40B is a great tank for planting. The 18" width gives you more options when aquascaping. $25 is a good price too. I paid $40 for mine at Petco and I think I got a steal. Normally they're $110.

I would jump on it and throw it in storage until you have the room and/or time. I know rookie just paid like $200 something for his 40b new. Hopefully he doesn't see this thread! :)

Had trouble finding a stand for my 40b so I started making one. Its been over a month since I started on it. Hopefully this weekend it gets completed.

haha. Well, it just hurts even worse that I found a 150g with stand and canopy for $300 this morning. Epic fail on my part... but oh well.

Buy the tank. You'll regret it if you dont!

Back
Top Bottom