40 g breeder build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm new to doing a planted aquascape tank. I confiscated my sons 40 g breeder and rehomed his convicts. He quit taking care of that tank. I warned him and it took 2 days for him to realize that tank had no fish. ANYWAY!!!
So were looking at 2 dif lights one is a reg t5 Ho rated for plants and corals and the other is an LED rated the same. I wanna try the LED, my husband doesnt...I ask... WHO takes care of all the tanks?? He just looks at them.... Input on lighting?

I plan on getting shrimp for in here. Right now I put some trapdoor snails from a friends pond to have life in there ( and eat algae covered rocks) and a few juvie bristnenose who happened to be on the tank front glass of their tank. I have a mix of aquarium rocks and black blasting sand he had in there, to keep with the seeded material, as well as 3 fluval 205, and an air curtain. Should I put something else plant friendly under the substrate?

Anything else I should get to begin my journey??? Thanks.... My other tanks are 90g fry/ juvie mbuna and juvie bristnenose, 140 g jvuie mbuna and 125 g adult mbuna.

I have a 40 breeder with a dual bulb t5ho and my plants have EXPLODED thanks to lights, ferts and c02. I really couldn't tell you about the led from personal experience though, as I have none with them

Back
Top Bottom