40 Gallon with Jungle Vallisneria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ANewbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a 40 gallon tank that I will be using to set up my first planted aquarium.
I want the whole tank to be filled with Jungle Vallisneria.

My question is: How many of the Vallisneria should I start out with? How long will it take for them to cover the area of the tank?

My intention is to let them spread out to fill the tank without me having to buy a lot of plants initially.

Thanks!

Thank you for your response!

If I were to go with 8 bunches, what is the rough estimate for that to overtake the tank? Is it months or weeks?

I'm having issues finding info on roughly how fast they will turn the aquarium into a jungle :)

Thank you for your response!

If I were to go with 8 bunches, what is the rough estimate for that to overtake the tank? Is it months or weeks?

I'm having issues finding info on roughly how fast they will turn the aquarium into a jungle :)

Oh, gosh, I really have no idea. That depends not only on the nature of the plant, but the nutrients they're getting, how much light, and how much (if any) CO2. I should think with root tabs and 6-8 hours of light a day, you should get pretty good growth.

My spiral val went from 5 or 6 plants to 10 over about a 5 month period, then in the last week and a half have thrown out 5 new ones, so it's going to vary.

Back
Top Bottom