40g long lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmiller383

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking about starting a new 40gallon long tank some time soon and was wondering what lighting and how much I should get and no co2 I know for a fact I will have ludwigia sudwassertang amazon sword and micro sword what would you recommend trying to stay under $150 if possible so with that price I take it I will need t5s

Zoo Med makes a T5HO that would work on your 40l without costing a lot. The reflector shape is not as efficient as the high priced units but this is what you would want for medium light. Petco is where I saw them for sale. If you have a glass top, the mounting brackets require an easy modification. If you get one I can explain how to make it work just fine. Odessey also makes a light unit about the same price I believe. OS.

LEDs are a great option, too. Consider Current Satellite LED+ or Finnex Fugeray Planted+. No need to replace bulbs annually coupled with reduced electricity consumption makes these more appealing to me.

LED's aren't rated by watts for their lighting power so much, They are measured by PAR. Photosynthetic Active Radiation(or something like that). It's a measurement of how strong the light is at cetain distances below the light. It's posted somewhere in AA but I don't remember what the values were. Hopefully someone has it handy to post soon. I think the LED company's websites may have the info also. OS.

Back
Top Bottom