5.5 Gallon Dwarf Baby Tears Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr3ww3rd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i am new to the site but have experience with freshwater tanks although now I am wanting to grow some dwarf baby tears and feel totally lost. I have read hours and hours and done lots of research but still don't feel confident. Anyway, I am wanting to set up a 5.5 gallon tank with a carpet of dwarf baby tears, probably some dwarf hairgrass and eventually some red cherry shrimp or a shrimp of some sort. SO....I basically need personal experience (PLEASE if you don't know don't guess) on what would be the best way to set this up. I need to know what lighting I should use? If possible I would like to just use a desk lamp with a CFL bulb, I have seen a lot of people do this. If so what would be the best wattage? since lighting and CO2 go hand in hand should I use CO2 or should I not? IF so what kind DIY juice bottle or DIY pressurized paintball gun? Should I grow the DBT immersed or submersed? The main thing I am confused about though is fertilizing and checking water etc etc. Should I just get like the petsmart freshwater test kit or are there other things I need to test for? Btw I got seachem flourite for the substrate...is that good? sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to waste time and money and would rather get off to a good start. I don't have tons of money to dump in this so if something is not necessary please let me know so. I don't need the most high-tech route just one that works. I would GREATLY appreciate pictures of your personal tank with before, during and after pictures or even just the tank after the dwarf baby tears have grown in.
Where is a cheap place to get Dwarf baby tears that doesn't charge a bunch for shipping? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom