5 gallon bedside tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all! It's been a while since I've had a tank up and running (moved to a smaller house without a lot of extra space. Previous to this, at one point I had a 55 gallon planted tropical, that I graduated to cichlids with, then moved my plants and some tropicals to a 30 gallon. That was in our previous house with much more space lol. Now I'm wanting to start up a small bedside tank. I'm thinking 5 gallons (may go up to 10, but not sure), and stocking wise I'm thinking a single, maybe even a sorority, of betta's, or even some guppies or other small fish. Definitely want to do plants as I loved when I did them before. Would love to see smaller planted tanks for inspiration. Also if anyone has any other stocking suggestions, I'm all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love Celestial Pearl Danios if you don't mind a somewhat shyer group of fish. Mine are always great to watch next to my bed.

I have Red Cherry Shrimp and tiny Corydoras pygmaeus in with them.

This is an old vid. http://youtu.be/JrLx1mKDObY

10g tank
CPDs
RCS
C habrosus ( also tiny)
Otos

The other fish are Threadfin Rainbows. I think they should be in a 20Long instead. You can see the CPDs come out more towards the end. I keep 6-7 in my 10g. so there is usually at least 2 to 3 CPD's out front at any one time. Plus my Cories are puppies with fins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had cories before and love those little guys! So active and oh so cute! I'll have to see what kind of fish my LFS has in stock or can order for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom