55 Gallon Planted Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xXNirvana69Xx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Stocking: 6 Angelfish (1 breeding pair), 4 Otocinclus, 4 Long Fin Danio, 3 Guppy, 3 Cobra Endler, 3 Platy, 3 German Blue Ram, 1 Pleco.

Plants: Amazon Sword, Water Wisteria, Crypt. Wendtii Red, Crypt. Lutea, Red Myrio, Jungle Val, Corkscrew Val, Anubias Nana, Anacharis, Marimo Moss Ball, Rotala Indica.

IMAG0143.jpg

IMG_20111116_060838.jpg

IMG_20111116_060844.jpg

Beautiful tank, how long have you been with this tank?
How the Angels are hanging out? Meaning how care they dealing with each other?
Thanks

ejaramillo01 said:
Beautiful tank, how long have you been with this tank?
How the Angels are hanging out? Meaning how care they dealing with each other?
Thanks

I've had the fish stocking for about three months now. The angels get along for the most part. When the two are breeding is a whole different story.

wow! I am kicking myself for not putting dirt in my tank. I have a sand and gravel mix with root tabs, running CO2, and dose with flourish excel and comprehensive treatment. My ferns and nubias are doing well, but these pesky swords!! Anyway question is, what are your thoughts about adding dirt to a tank that already has water in it? How long will it take to settle if I do do it, and will this harm the fish?...community 55 gallon tank.

akagochi said:
wow! I am kicking myself for not putting dirt in my tank. I have a sand and gravel mix with root tabs, running CO2, and dose with flourish excel and comprehensive treatment. My ferns and nubias are doing well, but these pesky swords!! Anyway question is, what are your thoughts about adding dirt to a tank that already has water in it? How long will it take to settle if I do do it, and will this harm the fish?...community 55 gallon tank.

I don't have dirt either, wish I would of done it as it's way cheaper. Adding dirt to a tank with water is a bad idea though. Capping the dirt keeps the dirt in place.

Back
Top Bottom