55g co2 set up help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello i have a 55g tanks with 2 watts per gallon of lighting.
now i want to run a co2 system. i was wondering what you guys would prefer and what is the best least expensive route to go. i want to start building a kit together thanks.

Watts per gallon means very little. What kind of lights do you have?

With pressurized CO2, you get what you pay for. I have found the Milwaukee regulator setup to be very reliable but also budget friendly.

I have 2a 48 inch t5 ho lights. The ones that are for plant growth.yeah I saw the Milwaukee set but that is out of my budget. What about using a paintball co2 or I Can hold of a 20lb tank.looking to spend less than 100

Well, you did ask what was preferred without giving a budget.

Send Carey a PM to sign up for the Bulk Reef Supply group buy and you might get a decent discount on a regulator (they have the Milwaukee regs)... That's what I'm going to be checking out.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/bulk-reef-supply-group-buy-part-two-178775.html

AquaChem's right... you get what you pay for. If you try to cheap out now, you will likely wind up paying for the better unit later anyway, which will end up costing you that much more for the lesson learned. You should at least get a regulator with a solenoid that you can tie into your light timer, so it turns on & off with the lights (you don't wan't CO2 running all night if you can avoid it).

Paintball isn't that great on larger tanks. You'll loose money in the long run just by filling up your paintball ever couple weeks. The Milwaukee regulator is about the cheapest tank that I would want to put on my tank, as you start running into quality and reliability issues, which is not something you want to deal with when you're pumping a potentially deadly gas into your tank.

Back
Top Bottom