55g Iwagumi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirtyTankMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would it still be considered Iwagumi? I will be trading fish tanks with my brother soon 45g for his 55 and I was wondering what it would take to scape it Iwagumi style.

Does anyone have any good sources or rocks?
Will the typical Iwagumi plants be feasible for a larger tank? I do not want to wait 5 times what I would normally wait for HC to carpet :D

Iwagumi has nothing to do with tank size. It is a style of layout.

Nothing good happens quickly in a tank - and it takes time for plants to grow in. Of course you can somewhat alleviate this by buying a lot of plants up front.

As far as scaping stone, it depends on the budget. Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco sells some very high quality stone online, but at a price. They will work with you on picking out a good variety of stones for you before shipping. Other than that, if you an find a decent LFS, some times you can get lucky there too. If you are in the Phoenix or Chicago areas by chance, I can recommend a few stores that have great stone. Beyond that, I wouldn't be able to make rec's except buying online.

Back
Top Bottom