55g lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 55g im thinking about putting a free fixture I have its a t8 4 bulb 32 watts each no reflectors 18 inches to bottom of tank....the lighting I have now is the same t8 but only 2 bulbs with a t5 28 watt single bulb with a reflector...what's the best to do thx

Your Lighting Question

Good morning x...

You're the expert. What do you think? A 4 bulb strip is huge and even with 4 32 watt T8s that's more than 2 watts of light per gallon of tank size. That's enough light to grow most plants. If the price is right, try it out.

I'm low light and low tech. I do prefer the 55 G tanks. I have several, they're my favs. I like to experiment with plants, so if I had the opportunity to get this fixture. I'd likely do it, if buying it didn't break the bank.

B

its up to you..If its CHEAP..maybe..Sunglo makes some higher output lamps for a lot of fixures..You could do the Lunar setup with that one I think since it has 4 bulbs is it 2 and 2 or all 4 at once?

user404 said:
its up to you..If its CHEAP..maybe..Sunglo makes some higher output lamps for a lot of fixures..You could do the Lunar setup with that one I think since it has 4 bulbs is it 2 and 2 or all 4 at once?

Its 2 and 2 and its free I just know a lot of people dont like using t8

Lighting Question

Its 2 and 2 and its free I just know a lot of people dont like using t8

No kidding???

I really like T8s in my 55 Gs, but could only get 32 watts in the 6500 Ks I wanted. So, am changing to T12s so I can get 40 watts for my low light tanks.

B

Back
Top Bottom