75 gallon's Aquascape...UPDATE 4-3-07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WaterPond said:
looks alright. Still neeed that black background :D

That one peaice of wood in the centre just doesnt look right, dunno whats wrong with it
i think it will look better when the vals and dwarf sag fill in around it...

I think it looks pretty good. A darker background would help, but it looks good the way it is once the background plants fill in. The driftwood isn't centered either, another plus. It's pushed to the right a little, which I like. Wouldn't look as good dead center, it's always good th have things off-center. Also, the substrate looks great also. Good going..... (y)

Lonewolfblue said:
I think it looks pretty good. A darker background would help, but it looks good the way it is once the background plants fill in. The driftwood isn't centered either, another plus. It's pushed to the right a little, which I like. Wouldn't look as good dead center, it's always good th have things off-center. Also, the substrate looks great also. Good going..... (y)
i am planing ot pick up a dark backgound... probabaly just a couple sheets of black tag-board...

JDogg said:
WaterPond said:
looks alright. Still neeed that black background :D

That one peaice of wood in the centre just doesnt look right, dunno whats wrong with it
i think it will look better when the vals and dwarf sag fill in around it...
well it has been a month since i posted in this thread...things have filled out...what do you think now?

i know i know i still have not gotten around to puting a black background on this thing...

img_755496_0_658edf784ae540a95dd63e194da45981.jpg

img_755496_1_3ad94acee6a30400b12ce0f2092520b3.jpg

img_755496_2_02d468092bc8ce0663389fc360b1efed.jpg

img_755496_3_1b2d8075546b71e495d8ad85bf58b0fc.jpg

img_755496_4_760590ff021ee6138a1b7fd17788fc75.jpg

What do I think. I think I don't like you anymore thats what I think. I am scrapping this whole planted idea. No way I can match a tank like that. I am off to buy silk plants and a pirates chest. :)

Seriously. looks great filling well, looks nice. I think a few more rocks or few pieces of wood between foreground and background would really bring the whole thing together.

rich311k said:
What do I think. I think I don't like you anymore thats what I think. I am scrapping this whole planted idea. No way I can match a tank like that. I am off to buy silk plants and a pirates chest. :)

Seriously. looks great filling well, looks nice. I think a few more rocks or few pieces of wood between foreground and background would really bring the whole thing together.
more wood you think? hummm... there is already 4 nice pieces in there, but i guess you can not see them...

there is still a little bare gravel in the front there but that is quickly disapearing under dwarf sag and chain swords...:D i guess i can look for another piece i like next time i am at the lfs, but by the time i find one and soak it there may not be any roo any more :?

Just some hardscape a piece of slate or two to separate back from front, I think will add some nice depth and make the tank even more pleasing to the eye.

I think that this tank is coming along nicely. My only complaint is that the Vals in the back divide the tank a bit too evenly in half. I wish they were just a bit off to one side or the other. One thing that is working really nicely is how the Vals in the background are echoed by the chain swords and dwarf sag in the front.

I really like the looks of the tank. I do agree with Joy on the placement of the vals though.

I think you have just the right amount of hard scape and plant mass. The plants are separated just nicely to show off their individual characteristics. I would warn against adding to many species as this will only smother your scape. (which I have done repeatedly. I can't help it, I need to seek help!)

rkilling1 said:
I really like the looks of the tank. I do agree with Joy on the placement of the vals though.

I think you have just the right amount of hard scape and plant mass. The plants are separated just nicely to show off their individual characteristics. I would warn against adding to many species as this will only smother your scape. (which I have done repeatedly. I can't help it, I need to seek help!)
yea the two species of hygro are just fillers for now to keep me planted up enough until some other stuff grows in more.

i think an ultimate scape might be dominated my the swords and val...dwarf sag on the front and primrose and stargrass as accents...

Beautiful-the plants growing up around that piece of wood did indeed make it fit in nicely. Very well done.

Now go, immediately, and get that blackground. Then it will be perfect. :)

EDIT: I'm sure it's in here somewheres, but what lighting do you have on the tank?

plecoperson said:
Beautiful-the plants growing up around that piece of wood did indeed make it fit in nicely. Very well done.

Now go, immediately, and get that blackground. Then it will be perfect. :)

EDIT: I'm sure it's in here somewheres, but what lighting do you have on the tank?
4 * 32 watt t-8s

ok updated pictures... :D

New Ozelot Sword...Thanks Lonewolf!
img_760911_0_9ccea51f5b1c56c872d0f48361da9aac.jpg

Left Side
img_760911_1_921457d61b0077a57c640b519f67df3b.jpg

Right Side
img_760911_2_66a94d13b92f522a69c348993a6f4ca9.jpg

Full Tank Shot!
img_760911_3_913152021077defdbfacbc83f56122a3.jpg

i want to say it is about 75% sag and 25% chain sword...but i can not honesty tell which is which :D

i know that the sag started out on the right side and in front of the wood in the middle and the chain sword started out on the left side...but they have long ago intertwined runners :?

i can say for 100% confidence that the stuff under the black powerhead is 100% sag!

Back
Top Bottom