75 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisher12

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm trying to decide what fish I want. At the moment I have two guppies, four neon tetras, 2 Cory cat, 4 platty,1 dwarf gourami, 2 ghost shrimp, clown pleco, and a pleco (unsure kind, baby supposed to turn green). I know the pleco gets huge and I will make other arrangements when the time comes. He isn't even 2 inches right now. My tank is planted and I love my plants but I would like to get bigger fish also. Im willing to rid of some of these fish except for all the catfish (maybe keep dwarf gourami to).(to make tank compatible for bigger fish) I would like to keep all my plants though, and not worry about them tearing them up. I worry if I get bigger fish they will not last. So my question is what are some stocking options thatt will keep my plants and what fish safe? I have considered adding an angel fish just with my current stock but I'm worried the guppies will be bullied and tetras will be food.?. I would like to try cichlids but again, I hear they will destroy my plants. To me the plants make the aquarium look a little more real, and more of a natural ecosystem instead of the fake toyish looking aquarium. I enjoy them as much as the fish if not more.
Plants are
A type of Amazon sword(unsure)
Water wisteria
Anabus nana
Dwarf hairgrass (very small amount,plan to use more)
And I'll just post a picture of the rest because I do not know all of them

Thanks for the help, **community fish preferred but I'll hear any suggestions out. What about African leaf fish and gouramis compatibility with other fish? Thanks again

My 55 leaked and plants and fish lived in a storage tote an few weeks. Just got this set up not long ago is why my plants look rough. I use co2, 3 bubbles per second rn. Going up to 5

The log will come out eventually replaced with wood and there will be sticks around the bottom of the sand mound in the wide U shape, if you can see it, all the way around. Was my plan. So I'm looming for big fish that won't tear this to shreds

And the dwarf hairgrass around the u, above the logs

Back
Top Bottom