Been a while since an update. A lot of things have happened.
My Glosso was eaten by my White Mollie or one of the Platies.
I kept losing the BBA battle with a few plants. The Cabomba, Egera densa & Hydrocotyle verticillata.
The swords slowly melted away.
Lack of proper CO2
I'm sure was part the cause. My DIY just wasnt enough.
My substrate was a little low, so I added some TurfaceMVP to add. It was placed on top.
It is much easier to plant then the Flourite, less messy, and I've had few if any, plants float up to the top.
During the teardown my fish and plants got there temp home in the rubbermaid bin again.
I removed some of the rock to make way for my new Petrified wood.
This was the new look at that point (with some nice Nana Petite I found)..
So I ordered this Regulator system
for my awaiting 20lb tank.
Right now its being diffused through a 3" limewood airstone under my penguin 350. The braided pvc
bioball reactor kept leaking and I gave up.
So I will have to make a new one.
Over the Past month or two, I've been in Stage 3 - Collectoritus
While being new to the planted world, I can watch how these grow to fit them in a scape, while still learing how to make things grow.
Echinodorus bleheri, Hygrophila difformis and Bacopa monnieri to go with the
Hygros, Crypts, Vals, Repens and Anubius.
I also found an Emersed Alternanthera Reiniekii thats slowly converting to submersed form.
Then came the Fish changes. The penguins moved to a 10. In came...
1 large Bristlenose pleco.
3 Discus (2 blue and 1 red Turquoise)
3 Amano Shrimp
Last week I moved some things around,
Added more Wisteria and Bacopa, and found some Marsilea Mutica which is also in an Emersed changeover.
Its stems were only 4-6 inches with nice large 4 leaf clovers on top. I hoped that I could get this to grow in as a foreground, but within a
day or so I had about 8 stems that shot up to the surface and produced small clovers. One of the stems is over 30" long.
The Xmas Moss from Rich is also filling up the Driftwood nicely.
This is what the tank looked like today before a cleaning and PWC
I know it looks messy and most plants are placed anywhere they can fit.
After my 50% PWC
I added my first batch of dry ferts from GregWatson.com
KS2O4 - 10ppm
KNO3 - 20ppm (was@10ppm after PWC
kH2PO4- 0ppm (was@ 3ppm after PWC
I hope I can keep my co2
steady at 20 with the airstone for now