75gal Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiQuiD

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im setting up a second 75 gallon tank, and I was curious if anyone else out there runs 2 lights on theirs and how well does it work for you? Hoping this doesn't cause an algae explosion.

I currently have the 24/7 Finnex Planted Plus SE and its not bad, but this new tank will be more High Tech. I am going to be running CO2 and a solid fert schedule. I really want the plants to thrive, and my red plants to really show red. I know with that, you need higher light and a good iron source.

Any info is appreciated!

:thanks:

Im setting up a second 75 gallon tank, and I was curious if anyone else out there runs 2 lights on theirs and how well does it work for you? Hoping this doesn't cause an algae explosion.

I currently have the 24/7 Finnex Planted Plus SE and its not bad, but this new tank will be more High Tech. I am going to be running CO2 and a solid fert schedule. I really want the plants to thrive, and my red plants to really show red. I know with that, you need higher light and a good iron source.

Any info is appreciated!

:thanks:

To be honest iron does help but it's not overly needed (extra iron that is). I'd stick to normal doses of iron and just pump the lighting. If everything is balanced you will get great colour.

Fresh2o runs 2 lights, he has a planted plus and a stingray?(sunray?) can't remember the name of the other finnex fixture lol. He has great results with using the planted plus and a 4 hour period of the other light on during the photoperiod.

Don't get to excited to begin with, start with your fixtures low and then slowly turn them up as the tank matures. Going full strength from start up will give u an algae farm ;)

I'd also suggest being very heavy on the co2 to begin with if u have no fish on start up [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom