Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2019, 05:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

90 gallon planted tank.

Hello!

So Iíve had my aquarium up for a few months. I know it looks crowded with stuff but please be patient with me. Iím getting my hands on a 200g that I am getting some of my decor ready for new tank.

Anyhow, please enjoy the couple photos Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5933.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	313540Iíve added and please tell me why you think. Iím no pro, and the plants I literally just got the Amazon sword, some of the Anubias, and the java sword. Also some of the drift wood I have I got from a member here, and it hasnít reached bottom yet lol.

Thanks for looking! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5934.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	313539

Old 07-25-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks good. You can use rocks or some kind of weight to anchor the driftwood to the bottom. What kind of fish do you have inhabiting your aquatic environment?

Old 07-25-2019, 05:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1midniterider View Post
Looks good. You can use rocks or some kind of weight to anchor the driftwood to the bottom. What kind of fish do you have inhabiting your aquatic environment?

Atm I have
10 angels
4 gold severums
3 tiger barbs
3 Bolivian rams
6 columbian red fin tetras
2 plecos

The fish will be moved around this weekend. Iím getting a 200g thatís gonna take most of the fish in and Iíll leave my 90g plants.

As far as my driftwood I just got it 2 days ago so maybe still needs time to sink? Iíll get some rocks worse case scenario I appreciate that input. Iím semi new to plants so please bare with me haha.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

We are all new to something. I'm finishing up in the initial cycle of a new 125G tank and also relatively new to planted tanks.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1midniterider View Post
We are all new to something. I'm finishing up in the initial cycle of a new 125G tank and also relatively new to planted tanks.

I canít wait to see photos!
Old 07-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #6

Hereís a new pic of what I got going on at the moment.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #7

Iím sorry having a hard time uploading photo. Iíll try again when I figure it out. Again in sorry.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

looks good and lots of possibilities! good choice on plants!
here are my comments:
1) tiger barbs and angels do not go together. when the angels grow and become slow, they become easy targets for the barbs.
2) I haven't had much luck with plecos in planted tanks. Their body has a very rough surface and they thrash it side to side. If they swim by any plants, they usually destroy it. If you really want to have the plecos and plants, make user the plants are not in their home territory.

have fun
Old 08-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmohamma View Post
looks good and lots of possibilities! good choice on plants!
here are my comments:
1) tiger barbs and angels do not go together. when the angels grow and become slow, they become easy targets for the barbs.
2) I haven't had much luck with plecos in planted tanks. Their body has a very rough surface and they thrash it side to side. If they swim by any plants, they usually destroy it. If you really want to have the plecos and plants, make user the plants are not in their home territory.

have fun

Pleco moves to other tank with no plants,

Will probably end up setting a 40g breeder under my 90 for my angels. Thank you for that info I had no idea, so far theyíve been doing well for about 10 months but my angels arenít that big yet. (But are big). I added some more fish to the 90g canít wait for the fish to relax and start showing.

Tags
90 gallon, gallon, plant, planted, planted tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com