A good kh???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DMunoz84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello AA friends!! I'm looking for a bit of help with my KH levels. Specifically what should my KH be? I have a moderate number of plants with a few fish. My tank is high tech highlight 75g with a pH controller set to 7.0 lights are on 7 hours a day. Weekly water changes if not even more frequent than that so the tank has been at 12 KH. I have found very little on the Internet but from what I can see they recommend 3-8 KH. Is that where I should be??? I did find this I thought was interesting?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396691958.769048.jpg

Very interesting to have found this post, I have also started testing my gh and kh, not really knowing where it should actually be?

Hope you get a response soon.

Kh and Gh in a planted tank needs to be 4 or above to ensure plants have enough magnesium and calcium available.

I'm no biologist or chemist but from all the people's posts here in AA over the last year seems to show that as long as your KH is above 4 and below 20, all but a few of the most sensitive fish adjust and live just fine. Swinging pH and KH around all the time trying to hit a perfect number is harder on the fish. GH usually follows KH as far as I can tell. It seems to have an even wider range before it affects fish. Our AA partner, Threnjen, is more knowledgable about GH and TDS than I am. Hopefully she can chime in and shed some of her info. Hope this helps, OS.

Sweet thanks ? I hope she sees that because I asked her first lmao!!

Back
Top Bottom