A year in the life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another month has slipped by, here are a few pics from February. This is my main tanks 12th month. So I guess this actually makes it a "year in the life"

Here is the full tank. See how big my Angels are getting ;-) The green stem plant in the center is something new... Eriocaulon species, type 2. (I had the type 3 before)
72-full-02-07.jpg

Here is a closer shot of a couple Angels...they sure grow fast. These guys were wigglers last summer. My wife plays with them a lot, so they have developed lots of personality, very tame. There is a school of five, from that I kept from my breeding pair in the garage. They actually, go to the corner of the tank at lights on in the morning, and watch for me to come out of my room (which they can just see from the corner). Then, as I come into the room they move to the front of the tank and wiggle at me until I feed them.
72-koiangel-02-07.jpg

I plucked this plantlet growing in the center of a surface leaf from the Nymphaea micrantha. It is tiny, but colorful.
72-N-micrantha-yng-2-07.jpg

Finally, my tank has a glass cross support. When the tank is full, it catches oxygen bubbles pearling off the java fern, and other plants below it. Here it is at the end of the light cycle with a big ole bubble of O2.
72-o2-on-glass-02-07.jpg

I wonder if I should bake a cake for the tanks birthday next month...naw... my wife would think I had truly gone off the deep end. heh

Nice journal, I especially like the fact that you are a devote fishkeeper as well. :)

If your wife doesn't already think you've gone off the deep end, you are lucky. Bake the cake anyway, there is no harm in having cake. (y)

Beautiful tank Zezmo. I love those Eriocaulons, and the Angels look great :) What is the leafy plant behind the Eriocaulon in the second picture?

Very, very nice Zezmo. Jchillin is right, if your wife dosn't already think your crazy then you are ahead of the game!
Whenever I am having problems with my tanks and get frustrated, I just look at one of your threads and I remember what a great tank can look like.
Thanks again for the inspiration :)

Oddly enough, I like the April (3rd pic posted?) look the best. I like the look of a messy, overgrown jungle. ;)

Nice tank too. I've never seen a "Euro wave" before. Looks great!

Thank you all very much. There are so many folks with such nice tanks on this forum there is inspiration to be found all over.

travis, The plant you mentioned is Echinodorus parviflorus "Tropica". It propigates inteh usual sword fashion, runners or splitting. A very nice plant with a great dark green color. I have tried it under a variety of conditions, and it always thrives. Teh ones in the pics are full grown. That is a row of some 6-8 (there are splits) plants to form a retaining "hedge". The substrate is about 2" higher on the backside of those plants. Thier thich roots and dense growth make a good retaining wall.

I especially like the fact that you are a devote fishkeeper as well.
Thanks JC, I am first and foremost a fish keeper. The plants promote the health and particularly breeding of the fauna I enjoy. Though, it is no secret, concentrate on making the plants healthy and everything else falls in line.

Back
Top Bottom