A yeast question for CO2 injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillMurf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just installed a DIY CO2 canister using an aqua one 500L\H internal as a powerhead and i was just wondering how long i should wait for CO2 to be created\injected. Also am I better to put it on top or under my tank? Is CO2 Heavier or lighter then air, or doesn't it matter because it's under
pressure?

Usually a good batch will start generating CO2 within 24hrs. As to where to put the generator, I would select the location that allows you to use the shortest length of tubing. Best placement would probably be on the same level with the tank, right behind it. By shortening the amount of tubing, you reduce the amount of pressure necessary to push the CO2 into the tank. There have actually been instances where people had their tubing too long, and as a result, couldn't get CO2 to inject into the tank. After trying several new batches, they finally shortened the tubing and problem fixed.

I used to place mine on top of the light fixture (full canopy), the heat from the lights would warm it up and increase production during the day, and it would slow at night..

Back
Top Bottom