about to give up on this sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrduna01

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm still having trouble with this amazon sword. All new growth comes in with brown vein like look to it and it grows in very needle like and then curls under. I have had it several months. I have relentlessly removed the bad growth and it grows in again the same way. I have floramax substrate, using flourish and root tabs as well as liquid co2. My lighting is low at about 1.5 to 2 wpg. Below is the best pic I could get. Please help. I'm very frustrated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70845481@N05/6411465143/

My swords make those lines and still grows awesome. It looks like it's gonna perk up IMO.

Well my sword has never made those lines in my lower light tank. I started but nutrients at the roots and upgraded the lights and THEN I got the brown lines. I thinks a favorable condition. Like how ozelot swords are darker when they first emerge and then lighten up as they mature.

You might just let it grow. "Bad growth" is still photosynthetic, which will provide the plant with energy for more growth.

Back
Top Bottom