AC110 HOB filter fluctuates flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
img_2292863_0_48df56b74c67bc302e846419aa7fa674.jpg
Finally got my 60 gallon up and running. Got several anubias and java ferns attached to rocks and driftwood etc. My question is regarding my filter. I have the AC110 hob filter. I have it set to maximum flow, but it seems like it automatically fluctuates flow from high to low. Is this normal?

Trying to add photo. Photo does not do it justice.

Finally got my 60 gallon up and running. Got several anubias and java ferns attached to rocks and driftwood etc. My question is regarding my filter. I have the AC110 hob filter. I have it set to maximum flow, but it seems like it automatically fluctuates flow from high to low. Is this normal?

I take it by the lack of replies nobody else has this issue?

By fluctuating does the intake swivel back and forth? If so, un-attach and and then re-attach it. My first AC-70 had this issue, the natural vibration of it running would slide the intake.

I run 2 AC110's and honestly I can't tell from one setting to another.

Well my concern is not the settings. I have not even tried a lower setting yet. It just seems like it fluctuates on its own. I raised the water level to minimize the bubbles and it is less noticeable now, but I know it was fluctuating every 10-15 seconds on its own.

Doesn't seem normal. What is the water level of your tank? Any air bubbles in the intake tube?

I have a 110 also. I've never experienced diffrent flow rates unless something gets stuck to the intake strainer.
Do you use a surge protector powerstrip with multiple outlets? If not maybe your electrical outlet has power surges?

I will check all of those suggestions. I have not noticed if the swivel valve was moving, but i have not been checking that. I will now. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom