acei "msuli" + Maingano (cyaneorhabdos) Compatabil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeFeKt

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys and gals.

have an opportunity to get some filthy cheap acei "msuli
anyone had experience with keeping these with "Maingano"?

both mbuna, and both are pretty peacefull, any chance of crossbreeding?
not to fussed about fighting as they can easily be moved. Just don't want my f2 M's to breed with the newbies.

anything to look out for?

cheers

Matt.

It is always a possibility for cross breeding with Africans. I don't know why it is but they seem to breed with any fish of the same type.

I don't have any experience with your particular type of Acei, but if it is anything like the Tanzanian or regular Acei's, they are pretty docile. They prefer to be in groupings, kind of like a school.

The Maingano, are you speakin of the Pseudotropheus spec. "Kingsizei Likoma" or Melanochromis Cyanoerhabdos ? I do have experience with the Melanochromis. Can be nasty little buggers, but if kept with fish of their same size or larger, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

yea the melans, sorry i just know the p.kingsizei as exactly that, didn't know they called them M's as well.
have 10 M's and getting 8 juvi acei, bout the same size as my m's.
i've read similar eating habits? i'm feeding mostly "orca" it's mostly vegie and algae matter with baby brine shrimp mixed into pellets.

I'm not sure if it's available in Australia, but New Life Spectrum is a great food for Africans. If you can find it, defiantely buy it.

Back
Top Bottom