ADA MINI-M by frroK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frrok

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey just wanted to share with you all my new ADA Mini-M. Its approx 5.5 gallons. I broke down a smaller tank and transferred plants and fish over to this. It has been up since early January.

Fauna
3 Male black bar endler's
Colony of Sakura RCS
1 Amano Shrimp
2 Oto cats

Flora
Rotala rotundifolia
Bacopa caroliniana
Needle Leaf Java Fern
Java Moss
Mini pellia(new)
Sagittaria subulata
Salvinia
Duckweed
to be added soon... some crypts. right now I have one plant in there that is barely holding on. it didnt survive the transfer :(

Hardscape
Manzanita driftwood and black lava rock.

Substrate
Miracle grow organic choice potting mix, black beauty blasting sand and fine black gravel(2mm) from subsrtatesource.com as cap.

Equipment
Lighting - 13w Perch light CFL. 6500K
Red Sea Nano filter
Archaea mini heater

So far my plan for this tank is to keep it low tech and slowly replace equipment. most likely move my zoomed canister filter currently running on my 10 gallon, to here with lily pipes. Also, want to practice my trimming skills. as soon as all the stem plants have reached the surface i will most likely trim down as to promote more bushy growth. maybe co2 in the future

here are some recent pics. thanks for looking. Any comments or advice is much appreciated.

1/30 update by frroK, on Flickr

high quality test by frroK, on Flickr

IMG_0025 by frroK, on Flickr

Here is the latest shot of this tank. Most stems have reaches the surface. Will have to be trimmed soon.

Attachments

• image-4280427755.jpg
    image-4280427755.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom