Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ADA Style tank on a budget?

Anyone know of any knock-off ADA style tank manufacturers? I read through the DIY stickies and they didn't seem to offer good information on building a flat-bottom tank (bottom needed to be elevated to allow for bowing)... I really like the minimalistic styling they have going, but the price is outrageous. Seems like someone who knows what they are doing could make the same thing for 10% of what they are asking...

I am considering a new 20-30g tank for my home office, and an ADA Garden Cube would be awesome, but I just feel like I am getting ripped off...

dapellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Our plant club scaped a Jebo rimless tank. Well, maybe it had a rim at the bottom -- I can't remember. Sure looked sweet though, and a few of the guys said good things about them, despite the reputation of their lighting system.

I believe Sherry ordered with mixed success from GlassCages.com. Hopefully she posts but I seem to remember her posting feedback on this forum after receiving her tank.

IUnknown on other forums has cool cannister in/outtake glassware. Hoppycalif/VaughnH has linked and given feedback on an ADA style glasschecker, in case you are not aware.

HTH. Please post any creative solutions you come up with.

wet.biggiantnerds.com
czcz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com