Added a moss wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kygirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi This is my first planted tank and I posted pictures before with out the christmas moss wall. I finally got my wall built and put in and changed some things around. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I should change or add?

I will try to take better pictures after I clean off the water spots on the outside of the tank.

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 96
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 85
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 98
Looks good! What did you use for support? Looks like some eggcrate painted black. I was thinking about doing it with some of my java moss, didn't know how well it would grow in. Keep us updated!

I bought plastic 1/4 " hardware mesh at lowes and tied it shut with fishing line. I used a black foam filter pad(the stuff used in canister filters) for behind the filter, so that way it would not grow near my filter. I didn't know if it would work but I saw a post about someone else doing it so thought I would try it, and I put the heater on the side of the tank. I used suction cups and made sure the bottom was buirried about 2inches in the gravel and took the top all the way up. The sides are tight against the sides. I wanted to make sure no fish could get behind it.

I will update you as it grows..

Hey!:bulb: I have a chunk of Christmas moss a friend gave me recently. I just have it sitting in the tank until I figured out what to do with it. My driftwood is all covered with Java moss so didn't need to add to that. Your post gave me an idea! I have some pieces of black plastic canvas I am not using. I think I will tie it on that with fishing line and see how it grows :) Not for a back ground, just a small wall of it.

Thanks for the idea!
th_38326493.gif

Back
Top Bottom