Adding plants… Looking for advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natani

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi , I have a 29 g tank with 3 or 4 live plants (small), two large driftwood pieces (plants are attached to the driftwood), & 4 Marino moss balls. I’ve had these plants including balls for 2 yrs. I can’t remember the names of the plants.
I’d love to add a couple more easy and low maintenance plants to keep my new fish happy. There is a cave in my tank but would like more live plants for them. I have black phantom tetras, platy, and guppies. I want floating plants (1st choice) or plants I can attach to the driftwood. Low lighting plants would work best. I know I’m picky. Please give me some names of plants and I’ll see if the petsmart closest to me carries them. Thank you in advance.

Hi , I have a 29 g tank with 3 or 4 live plants (small), two large driftwood pieces (plants are attached to the driftwood), & 4 Marino moss balls. I’ve had these plants including balls for 2 yrs. I can’t remember the names of the plants.

I’d love to add a couple more easy and low maintenance plants to keep my new fish happy. There is a cave in my tank but would like more live plants for them. I have black phantom tetras, platy, and guppies. I want floating plants (1st choice) or plants I can attach to the driftwood. Low lighting plants would work best. I know I’m picky. Please give me some names of plants and I’ll see if the petsmart closest to me carries them. Thank you in advance.

Floating: Water lettuce (Pistieae)
Salvinia Minima
Lemnor Minor (Duckweed)
Amazon Frogbit
Hydrocotyle Leucocephala (Brazilian Pennywort)

Rooted floaters: tiger lily
Nymphoides sp. Taiwan
Limnobium Laevigatum

Tied: Anubias nana
Bucephaladra (all types)
Laganandra Meeboldii
Java fern (Microsorum pteropus Windelov)
Java moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri)
Bolbitis heudelotii (African water fern)

Back
Top Bottom