Advice for Fluval Spec III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive got a little Fluval Spec III sitting next to me on my desk that is home to a half dozen cherry shrimp and a small Nerite snail. I used to have a nice clump of Java Moss attached to some drift wood,but it has since died. I currently have a several clumps of micro sword scattered about, but its not really spreading/carpeting the way I had hoped it would. Likely because the stock LED lighting isn't providing enough light and/or not enough carbon present.
Things are looking very barren right now.

Im looking for either a different small light to replace the light that came with the tank. One that will provide enough light for a carpeting effect, and ideally one that will fit over the tank without looking obnoxious.
OR
Some suggestions for some other VERY small plants that could used instead of the failing micro sword. Something small and bushy that isnt going to take over or grow too large as there is not a whole lot of space to begin with.

For those interested:
Substrate: Fluval Shrimp Stratum
Carbon: Daily dosing of Flourish Excel
Ferts: Bi-weekly dosing of Flourish Comprehensive, Iron, Potassium and
Trace.

Im also open to any advice or suggestions from anybody else that has had success in planting small aquariums like this (pictures are helpful too).

Attachments

• FluvalSpec3.jpg
    FluvalSpec3.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 86
I'm giving myself a little bump. If there are still no replies, then I'll move on. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom